[Reader-list] Social Presents #Cinepreneurचर्चा with Filmbooth at Odeon Social

rohitrellan at aol.in rohitrellan at aol.in
Tue Oct 24 03:50:23 CDT 2017

Hi,

Time/Date: Wednesday, November 8 at 6 PM - 8 PM

Venue: Odeon Social, 23, Odeon Complex, D Block, Connaught Place, New Delhi

Ticket Information: https://goo.gl/nMBDgR

FREE ENTRY

*About चर्चा *

चर्चा is a casual panel discussion especially curated for the members of Social's Workspace as well as the general public.

*About Cinepreneurचर्चा *

Filmmaking meets entrepreneurship, How to work beyond constraints in the Cinema space - Building a career in art space in India. The dilemma of creativity vs sustainability. We will chat with Award-winning filmmaker, actors about their journeys of being successful entrepreneurs in Cinema, their knowledge, opportunities and overcoming challenges.

Gone are the days where one delved in the creative space like art and cinema only for passion, now one can start-up in cinema, build careers and establish creative projects with backing from all kinds of supporters. Let’s meet documentary filmmakers, producers, Ad filmmakers, Actors, Curators with their stories of their journey of establishing themselves as creative entrepreneurs in India under the monthly series of Charcha aimed at building a community around sharing ideas, opportunities, approach to making a mark in the field of films
Cinemapreneur will bring a community of Entrepreneurs working in films in India together at various spaces like these, You can be a cinematographers, videographer, editor, director, writer, producers, designers, stylists & more. At Cinemapreneur events experts & filmmakers share their journeys, the avenues, the growth strategy. Their success models to empower you as a Cinemapreneur.

Agenda:

-Filmmaking and Creative Entrepreneurship
-Picking an Unconventional Career in Art Space
-Sustaining yourself while being creative in Indian Film Industry
-Challenges and Roadblocks in Indian Film Industry

*Speakers*

SUSHMIT GHOSH (Director-Producer, Founder Black Ticket Films)
Sushmit has directed and shot several award-winning shorts, many of which have been used globally as education and social impact tools. Winner of the National Film Award of India, Sushmit's work is also supported by the Sundance Institute, The Bertha Foundation and the Gucci-Tribeca Fund. His interest lies in using new technologies and creative strategies to enhance both the visibility and impact that storytelling can create in the digital era.

In his spare time, Sushmit enjoys biking and trekking in the Himalayas.

RINTU THOMAS (Director-Producer, Founder Black Ticket Films)

Rintu is an award-winning director-producer whose films have been used as advocacy tools for social impact, included in the curriculum of global universities and used by Governments as policy tools. Her work has been supported by The Japan Foundation, Bertha Foundation and the Sundance Institute. A recipient of numerous awards, including the National Film Award of India, Rintu enjoys producing films that have a transformative social impact and has had these films screened at key global platforms like the United Nations Climate Change Conference and broadcast on international television networks.

Rintu loves bookshops, dogs and seashores.

KULJEET SINGH (Actor/Theatre Personality, Atelier Theatre Group)
Kuljeet is a Lecturer in English Literature and he is the Director of Atelier. His vast experience of performing includes several theatre productions under the direction of Roysten Abel, Avtar Sahni and M.K. Raina, as well as acting in Shonali Bose’s National Award winning film ‘AMU’ and the recently acclaimed “Margarita with a Straw” and Sharad Nigam’s INTERVAL. He is a faculty in Theatre and Dramatic Arts with schools of repute, and is instrumental in developing and implementing methodologies of teaching and effective incorporation of specific elements of drama in the classroom

GAURAV RATURI (Co Founder, Filmbooth)

Gaurav is the co-founder at Filmbooth with more than 10+ years of experience in the art space in Delhi curating film fesitivals on social themes. An MBA in International Business, he started Filmbooth in 2009 to create spaces for showcasing short films for young and budding filmmakers from across India. With more than 500 films screen and 100 + filmmakers showcased he feels still it’s a long journey. Cinemapreneur is the new idea Gaurav has been working upon to build this film community and to bridge the gap of an entrepreneur working in the field of films.

*About Black Ticket Films*(Production Company)

Black Ticket Films (BTF) is a creative and film production agency based in New Delhi, India that designs communication for social transformation. Through its multi-award winning films, BTF has showcased development and responsible business as exciting spaces charged with tangible outcomes. Filmmakers Rintu Thomas and Sushmit Ghosh founded BTF in the summer of 2009.

*About Atelier Theatre Group*

Atelier is a twelve-year-old nationally recognized Delhi-based theatre group. Recognized for its distinguished work in the domain of performing arts, Atelier is instrumental in creating spaces, audiences and programmes across different age-groups and regions. As the logo suggests, Atelier is an expression of "movement" and "space". It fundamentally creates space for all sorts of expressions, primarily in theatre arts. The loose moving arms are the "intentions" to gel in with people from all walks of life and the central circle is the neutral-unbiased-space we had created and would intend to create for artists in future.

"ACT" Asia's biggest youth theatre week for college goers and the independent theatre-studio is functional since February 2011.

*About Filmbooth*

Filmbooth was conceptualized by a group of young professionals in 2008 as an organisation curating and organizing short film festivals. With over 4 national and international short film festivals to our credit, we have come a long way. We also ran a film club in Delhi to premier Independent films regularly.
What started as an experiment has become our forte! No matter if it’s a small campaign video, a success story to be documented out of some remote part of the country or even presenting a report on social issues, the team at Filmbooth India goes out of its way to deliver the best. We nurture projects from the conception right to its execution!
Now A full fledged video design agency with a creative team of storytellers based out of new Delhi, we have professionals with expertise in understanding new media content who are aiming to document the passionate stories, pitch videos, for entrepreneurs, start-ups and ngo’s.

*About Cinemapreneur*

CINEMAPRENEUR (Community of entrepreneurs working in the field of films)

Cinemapreneur is a movement to bring the association of the Start-up community spirit and revolution to the unstructured field of films in India. You are a freelancer, elbowing past the un-acknowledgment all by yourself to build your project.

Cinemapreneur is a community for entrepreneurs working in Cinema in India. We are building this community through Interactions, Film Screenings, Pitching sessions, networking events, Masterclasses and workshops.

At Cinemapreneur, we invite filmmakers and experts from miscellaneous avenues of cinema to share their journeys and growth strategy, and empower you as a Cinemapreneur through their success models. You get support, mentoring, insights, networking opportunities and funding for establishing your work.

 -  Rohit
Regards,
Rohit Rellan
http://www.linkedin.com/in/rohitrellan

Follow me on TWITTER: twitter.com/rohitrellan
Be my friend on FACEBOOK:http://www.facebook.com/rohit.rellan
Skype :rohitrellan

Integrate your email marketing with social media, Facebook and Twitter - with Benchmark Email: http://bit.ly/1WkZoUL

Look forward to Mondays with workspace designed for fresh ideas, organic networking, and month-to-month flexibility. Book a tour at WeWork BKC! http://bit.ly/2vnqkYB