[Reader-list] Ektara Magazine: March 2018 issue

Yousuf ysaeed7 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 28 21:31:26 CST 2018

Ektara magazine, March 2018

Greetings for Basant and Holi. This is the third year of Ektara, a magazine on the shared history, arts and society of India and South Asia. Our aim is to highlight positive stories of our heritage that can help build a more inclusive society. We also support independent documentary films and short videos by highlighting them here. The magazine can be visited at http://ektara.org/magazine

Please subscribe to our youtube channel at http://goo.gl/Camze8

In this new issue, we bring you the following short videos and segments:

1. Kausar Munir and Mukul Kesavan: The language Bombay cinema speaks, part 2 of 2
Panel discussion as part of the international conference on the Popular Culture of Urdu Language held at Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi (8-10 September 2017). Discussion facilitated by Rana Safvi. 3-day conference supported by IFA, Bangalore.
Watch this video here: https://youtu.be/AxOy0EnGYzg
The first part of this discussion available at https://youtube.com/watch?v=Q1 RP58oVPXU

2. Campaign: Justice for Ankit Saxena
Ankit Saxena, a young photographer was murdered last month for being in love with a Muslim girl in west Delhi's Raghubir Nagar. His family, which refused to make this a Hindu-Muslim communal issue, is appealing not only for justice, but also to begin a fund-raising campaign for activities on harmony and peace. Some organizations have come together to raise funds for Ankit's family. Please visit this page to make your contribution - http://ektara.org/magazine/ ankits.html

3. Tamsili Mushaira (Allegorical gathering of Urdu poets), part 1 of 2
As part of Urdu Heritage Festival (Jashn-e Virasat-e Urdu) organized by Urdu Academy Delhi, and arranged by Centre for Art and Free Expression, at Central park, Connaught Place, New Delhi, on 17 February, 2018. ('Tamsili' means allegorical, dramatic or figurative).
Watch the video here: https://youtu.be/50ps5LcTnm4
Part 2 of this recording is available at https://youtube.com/watch?v=_7 _cbF6UgcQ

4. Featured video: Sufis-Yogis, Visual and literary articulations from Chandayan to Muraqqa-e Salim
An illustrated lecture by Murad Khan Mumtaz about exchanges between the Sufis and Nath Yogis as depicted in many classical medieval texts. Watch the video here - https://youtu.be/_RQQtKnIjow

5. Announcements: Events in March 2018 in Delhi
~ 14th IAWRT Asian Women’s Film Festival, 5-7 March 2018 at India International Centre, New Delhi. Celebrating the creative works of women filmmakers from across Asia. 73 outstanding films from 20 countries are being featured.
Details at https://iawrt.org/news/14th-ia wrt-asian-womens-film-festival -2018

~ 'Campus Rising', a documentary film about students reclaiming freedom and justice in India's universities, being screened at Studio Safdar, Shadi-Khampur, New Delhi, on Friday, 16 March, 2018 (3:30 pm). Details at https://facebook.com/events/44 6122725805765/

Please see the list of previous issues of Ektara here. http://ektara.org/magazine/lis t.html

This online magazine runs on voluntary efforts, and we need your support in various ways, including contributions of good quality content.

Thanks for spreading our message afar.

Ektara team

----

http://ektara.org/magazine/

Do let us know if you would like to unsubscribe from this mailing list. Thanks.