[Reader-list] Prime Numbers

Jaswinder Singh Kohli jskohli at fig.org
Fri Apr 6 21:35:50 IST 2001

philip pocock wrote:

> Jaswinder Singh Kohli wrote:
>
> > Hi all
> >
> > News follows--
> > A new Prime number is found, the new number is xxxxxx number bigger than previous
> > one known
> > It was found on a massive Parallel processing architechture driven by 1000's of
> > Processors
> >

> is this the new omega and superomega numbers recently written up in New Scientist
> concerning a mathematician Chaitlin from IBM, who hesitated years thinking no one
> would believe him and no use would be found for his new 'magic' numbers?

No it was just fake made by me ( but orignal news of  findings are like
this only)

> > ======
> > All I don't know is why they are doing this.
> > OR
> > What is use of Prime numbers( i don't even or odd say know a single one)
>
> they are used - if the numbers you mention are Chaitlin's - by neural networked
> machines to predict the probability of success for software written by artificial
> intelligence.

What are this Chaitlin's number? I don't know this stuff at all

> NOTE: math like art and film and even urbanism is a modeling system, not a truth or
> an absolute, in order to predict and conjure up insight into our psychic and
> physical environment in the hope of improving (perhaps naively as the 20th century
> has shown) our quality of life.
>
> i am no mathematician or expert on prime number theory, still, you mail intrigues me
> so i send this response. hope it isnt w awaste of other list member's time. if so,
> sorry.

No  need to say sorry et al after all someone somewhere may have gained
knowledge out of
your response.
But it will be better if you explain it more clearly.Still theres some
fog at the
window( I cant see thru)

--

Regards
Jaswinder Singh Kohli
jskohli at fig.org
The Universe is a figment of its own imagination.