[Reader-list] Simputer

Arun Mehta arunmehtain at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 28 17:25:17 IST 2001

Firstly, I think it is terrific that someone has shown some technological
inventiveness and actually done some hardware and software design addressed
to developing country problems. And secondly, I really would like to take a
closer look at the capabilities of the machine before condemning it out of
hand, particularly its speech recognition capabilities. If it does a
halfway decent job of transcribing my Hindi ( I can type pretty fast in
English, but not in Hindi), this is a hot product.

Does anyone have a simputer in Delhi?
Arun