[Reader-list] F$F v/s free software

Supreet supreet
Sun Aug 12 00:54:26 IST 2001

Hi

I don't know I should say anything or not.But
1) Free software community initially was kind of centrallized till late 80's
and it started to spread due to linux.
2) I think Richard Stallman is a God and Daemon of free software. Many may
disagree.
3) (Prabhats point)Community does provide support in terms of user manuals, Howto's etc. etc.
but one of the problems is, often you have to go online to actually see the
latest version.

sites to visit:
www.linuxdoc.org documentation of various linux stuff
www.sourceforge.net Projects and programming infrastructure
www.freshmeat.net etc etc

Big problem here is *nix knowledge base is that, it takes time to penetrate.
Like I see here in
Ascii tent everybody I mean everbody apart form a Adobe premiere machine is
debian linux.

Last but not the least Redhat, emacs, python is the best

love
Supreet