[Reader-list] [paul at xtdnet.nl: KMPG decides linking to their website needs special permission]

Patrice Riemens patrice at xs4all.nl
Fri Dec 7 11:52:49 IST 2001

Where corpomania leads too...

----- Forwarded message from Paul Wouters <paul at xtdnet.nl> -----

Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 01:10:59 +0100 (MET)
To: <discussion at hippiesfromhell.org>
Subject: KMPG decides linking to their website needs special permission

From: http://chris.raettig.org/email/jnl00036.html

 > A recent audit of Web sites, to which KPMG is hyperlinked, has revealed that
 > www.corporateanthems.raettig.org contains a link to KPMG's Web site,
 > www.kpmg.com. Please be aware such links require that a formal Agreement
 > exist between our two parties, as mandated by our organization's Web Link
 > Policy.

 > We have been unable to locate records that correspond with an Agreement that
 > permits the linking of our two Web sites. A relationship may already have
 > been established with one of our KPMG professionals, in which case we would
 > ask that their name be provided.

[ ... ]

Amazing, not even Scientology has tried to prevent linking TO them (just linking
FROM them has been restricted to only sites under their full control)

Guess it's time to link to KPMG on all your pages :)

Paul, adding his obligatory www.kpmg.com link :)
--
Nisam ja kriv, to je vas"a c'erka uc"inila !

----- End forwarded message -----