[2600] Re: [Reader-list] .Net / Hailstorm Initiative

Supreet Sethi supreet at sarai.net
Fri Jul 6 16:20:53 IST 2001

I believe that Microsoft is providing me service for which I give them money. Earlier I owned the software(partly). But know right of ownership is with microsoft. So if microsoft does not provide me the quality of service I want can I opt out and get my money back. Can I change my service provider If i want. I don't think so.

Hey I see monopoly over hear.

AFAIK competition is better for the user in terms of service but here in this case you don't have any competition. Microsoft and others are fattened gaints who are trying to control us as much as possible using our own money.

But as menso believes that there would be ways to control microsofts and others. I don't think so especially after the way in which microsoft has got clean chit in anti trust.

As much I try to believe that microsoft would do better service and support, my mind still believes that it would try to thrawt all competition one way or the other controlling as much as it could and demand money from its good old customers again and again and again.

Lets hope menso is correct somebody this there to put checks

A passimist all through

Supreet