[Reader-list] CD-Audio Protection System

Menso Heus menso at r4k.net
Wed Jul 25 21:16:19 IST 2001

Still, there are ways to work around this, for example play the CD and
then record the output going through the soundcard (the output 'fixed'
by my CD-player) to harddisk. This is also a way used to record RealAudio
streams, for example.

Anyway, the question isn't really whether it's hackable or not, I have
encoded my entire CD collection to high quality MP3's so that I don't
have to get out of my chair and swap CD's anytime I want to play something
and I don't need to borrow CD's from other people in the house anymore
either since I encoded them too... Oh well, since the protection is still
on the clientside it's not something that can't be hacked^H^H^H^H^H^H fixed.

Menso 'when will they ever learn' Heus