[Reader-list] how to become a hacker

Arun Mehta arunmehtain at yahoo.com
Thu May 24 18:51:56 IST 2001

hacking gets such bad press, that i am whispering (if all caps is shouting,
then, i imagine, all small should count as whispering ;-)
on a more serious note, http://tuxedo.org/~esr/faqs/hacker-howto.html is
excellent advice for anyone wishing to be a computer professional with a
long-term future. already we begin to see that the people who just did a
"3-month course" and got jobs or even went abroad as a result, are finding
themselves unemployed -- there are, unfortunately, no short cuts, and
competition, even in this high-growth sector, will be fierce.

arun

Arun Mehta, B-69, Lajpat Nagar-I, New Delhi -- 110024, India. Phone
+91-11-6841172, 6849103.  http://members.tripod.com/india_gii To join
india-gii, a list which discusses India's bumpy progress on the global
infohighway, mail india-gii-subscribe at cpsr.org