[Reader-list] [Fwd: he who controls the bootloader]

Raghavendra Bhat ragu at vsnl.com
Sat Sep 1 12:54:58 IST 2001

[Thu, Aug 30, 2001 at 12:46:23PM +0200] patrice at xs4all.nl :

> http://www.byte.com/documents/s=1115/byt20010824s0001/0827_hacker.html

Hackers use a boot-loader called GNU GRUB, the Grand Unified Boot Loader.
Do visit the site http://www.gnu.org/software/grub for an interesting FAQ.

The GNU Grub can be embedded into your Hard Disk and it has its own shell.
You can call it a small, functional *free* OS and it can parse file-systems
and one can boot file-systems of different Operating Systems.  It has a
OS-chooser menu interface.

I have GRUB embedded into my HDD.....I was able to boot a remote Ham Radio
Digital gateway computer and was able to embed GRUB onto it too.  Thanks
to the GNU GPL license, the program is getting better and better :-)

--
GPG: 1024D/F1624A6E              ragOO, VU2RGU
Helping to keep the  Air-Waves FREE         Amateur Radio