[Reader-list] FW:Yellow Band-

Boud Roukema boud_roukema at camk.edu.pl
Tue Sep 4 21:16:37 IST 2001

On Tue, 4 Sep 2001, sreejata roy wrote:
> 2. That prior to the United Nations and/or it's
> constituent members
> granting recognition of the Taleban government this
> obscene policy is
> reversed.

Surely there are other obscene policies of the Taleban
that should be reversed too, before UN recognition?
Such as massive prostitution of women and removal
of nearly all of women's fundamental human rights?

Just check out
http://web.amnesty.org/ai.nsf/countries/afghanistan

> 3. That the United Nations widen the terms of the
> trade sanctions
> currently in force.

Are chain letters an efficient use of internet
resources? I agree with the cause: but AFAIK (as far
as I know), the method is generally not welcomed
on the Net.

A much better method would be a web site which
collects signatures. And how about other actions
which directly support grass-roots opposition
to the Taleban?

See
http://www.rawa.org