[Reader-list] ..a post.ing as yet not sent...

philip pocock Philip.Pocock at t-online.de
Tue Sep 18 22:33:27 IST 2001

á quote from you

<<  ... n.stead this shock period is
being utilized by USA control systematics ][militaristic, gover.mental][ to
force their own agenda.  >>

i suppose there will be a number of poets exploiting human suffering to draw
attention to their work. it seems to me inappropriate to mask plain ascii in some
contrived language, which otherwise might work delightfully, in a situation where
communication should prevail.

no one questions you are a wonderful writer, but using it to attack humanity with
trite blame, is beyond me.

"ap][e][ologger" wrote:

> At 11:04 AM 18/09/01 +0200, philip pocock wrote:
> >save your out-of-date concrete poetry to yourself. were you a ee cummings and
> >the clock was wound back 50 years i might delve in to read and image your
> >gibberish.
> >
> >email is a voice and ee cummings was a response to that in print media.
> update
> >and cut the nostalgia. you wont get my attention.
> >

> dear readers,
>
>  of course my last posting was in no way intended to "get the attention" of
> list members like philip, and i wasn't trying at all to discuss my personal
> wurk. howeva, in light of this ][offensive and highly inappropriate][
> response, i'll post some quotes regarding the wurk i produce in order to
> give it some context.
>
> ][mez][
>
> ******************
>
>  "...Mez's writing proceeds with irregular energy... in the sense of the
> type of context sensitivities she sets up that proceed simultaneously in
> various directions. Ingenious in the manner of the representation of
> 'regular expressions' in the mathematics of computer science, for instance.
> As though it contained its own hyper links..her voice is electric and
> acoustic in a single phrase.....and the sense of sound is phenomenal, the
> humour startling...Mez's language...is particularly strong in voice. Strong
> in voice and bristling with innovation and possibility. This is, in itself,
> 'serious'. Past 'language poetry', for instance. Suited to this medium in
> important ways."
>
> -Jim Andrews, webartery
>
> "mez's writings are, in my view, examples of reflecting the virulence of
> digital text without actually coding in programming language. - The beauty
> of 'mezangelle' is that it uses elements of programming language syntax as
> material, i.e. reflecting formal programming language without being one. Of
> course, many other aesthetic options in Internet poetry exist, and many of
> them may have an aesthetics which totally separates the textuality of the
> digital poem from the internal textuality of the machine. I just prefer if
> the latter is the product of an aesthetically conscious decision _against_
> algorithmic coding (i.e. as its negative reflection)
The code poetry of,