[Reader-list] Sahar Ke Nishan: Politics & Poetics of Visual Representations

Joy Chatterjee joy at sarai.net
Fri Apr 12 15:38:13 IST 2002

Walls are mostly private, so I don't think there is any crime for some one
to prevent his/her wall to be defaced according to his/her freedom of
understanding of art and poetics. But this doesn't mean that no one can do
any thing on the walls. In fact, in spite of the law, even today India's
one of the most creative wall writings and drawings can be seen in Calcutta!

Best
Joy