[Reader-list] Shabana Azmi to be Targeted

Sagnik Chakravartty sagnik_chakravartty at yahoo.com
Mon May 20 19:02:50 IST 2002

saachijain at hotmail.com, sabdosthain at hotmail.com,
sabihashmi at hotmail.com, just_a_sadia at yahoo.co.uk,
Sahmat at vsnl.com, samina at vsnl.com, sabz007 at yahoo.com,
schat at bol.net.in, seedling at cyber.net.pk,
nfiwdelhi at yahoo.com, amarfarooqui at hotmail.com,
shabhashmi at hotmail.com, shankar_chandra at mail.com,
shrimali at del3.vsnl.net.in

FROM:  forshashmi at hotmail.com Save Address

SUBJECT:  Fwd: Fw: Shabana Azmi to be targeted

Date:  Sun, 19 May 2002 18:33:43 +0000
Inbox       Reply        Reply All         Forward
Delete Next Previous

>From: "Rainbow Publishers Ltd."
>To: "Sohail Hashmi" , "Sehba- Amar Farooqui" , "Raza
Imam" , "Nivedita" , "Maya Joshi" , "Kalyani Menon
Sen" , "Iqbal Jameel" , "Vasanthi Raman"
>Subject: Fw: Shabana Azmi to be targeted
>Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 23:45:42 +0530
>
>Shabana Azmi to be targeted

screen yesterday.

>It is absolutely essential that this kind of activity
must be stopped - by whatever means possible.

>Can the people in New York city, all the secular
democratic forces, all the taxi drivers some of us
have been working with, and all our
academic/intellectual contacts, can we all please make
sure that several hundred people show up on site, to
counter the poison these fascists intend to spew out
there.

>Are there laws in the US which prohibit dissemination
of hate? In Canada, there are. Could some people
please look into it. Talk to lawyers. Drag these
fascists in court.

>Please, please do something. While Gujarat is still
suffering, there are trying to divert our attentions,
our energies, from the crimes that were and are being
committed there.

>hari sharma
>president, INSAF
>(International South Asia forum)
>********************
>
>INDIAN AMERICANS FOR TRUTH AND FAIRNESS IN MEDIA
>41-67 Judge Street (#5P)Elmhurst, N.Y. 11373(718)
478-5735

>PROTEST DEMONTRATION AGAINST SHABANA AZMI IN NEW YORK

>Shabana Azmi has been invited by some of her
Communists-Islamists friends to talk about Ayodhya,
Gujarat and Babri Maidan. We have decided to stage a
boisterous demonstration against her with a view to
expose her anti-Indian activities.

>You are kindly requested to participate in the
demonstration. We have obtained Police permission to
do so. The date, time and location of the
demonstration are as under:

>Date: May 21st (Tuesday)Location: 65 Fifth Avenue,
between 13th and 14th Street
>Time: 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
>
>If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to
call the undersigned.

>Brotherly yours,
>

>Narain Kataria
>
>Shabana's bio-data
>SHABANA AZMI UNMASKED
>
>Shabana Azmi, daughter of Kaifi Azmi and Shaukat
Azmi, both hard core Communists, is again in USA. Last
time, when she was here, there were protests in many
cities against her. Ostensibly, she has come to read a
passage from "Riot" a book written by infamous
Hindu-hater, Shashi Tharoor . [Mr. Tharoor has done
more damage to Hindu society and India than Pakistan
by publishing anti-Hindu and anti-Indian articles in
mainstream media.] But behind this façade, there is an
ignoble intent and a hidden agenda hatched by deadly
combine of Marxist-Islamists to denigrate Hindus,
discredit India and strain Indo-American relations.
This time, she has come to wash dirty linen in public
at the invitation of her leftist friends, having
closer links with Islamic fundamentalists in this
country. In the interest of national security, both,
Government of India and FBI should keep a watch on the
contacts of this sophisticated woman.

>This notorious woman has soft corner for Islamic
militants and Talibans. In order to protect Islamic
terrorists, she unsuccessfully tried to block the
passage of Prevention of Terrorist Act in Indian
Parliament. For the same reason, she condemned
American attack on Talibans. She is a very
controversial and cunning person. This time, it seems,
she is on a mission to create communal conflict and
discord between Hindus and Moslems living in peace and
harmony in this country.

>Being a professional actress, she is very good at
acting. She uses her charm to hoodwink gullible
Indian-Americans in believing that she is a liberal
Moslem woman. She practices sophistry and stratagem
with equal vehemence. In India, she hobnobs with
followers of Lenin and Stalin. When in USA, she struts
around as a progressive Moslem women. It may sound
paradoxical, but, in fact, at heart, she is a strange
blend of a fundamentalist Moslem woman and a diehard
Communist, out to defame Hindus and tarnish the image
of India.

>This crafty woman suffers from Hindu phobia and needs
urgent counseling. At the mention of the word "Hindu",
Shabana plunges into spontaneous rage and starts
hurling scurrilous innuendoes on Hindus. She uses her
dramatic skills to belittle and denigrate Hindu
civilization. All her so called cultural and social
activities (including Narbada Bachao Andolan and
upliftment of slum-dwellers in Mumbai) are calculated
to slander Hindus and create disdain in the younger
generation for their Hindu heritage. With a view to
insult Hindus, in the movie "Tumhari Amrita", Shabana
played the role of a characterless Hindu woman
addicted to drinking and many other vices, begging a
married Muslim man to have sex with him. In "Fire",
the two lesbian girls were deliberately and
mischievously named Radha and Sita. In "Earth", she
played the role of a Hindu widow in Varanasi 100 years
ago.

>She is always in the forefront of anti-Hindu
activities. She had taken a leading role in Safdar
Hashmi Memorial Trust ("SAHMAT", a fundamentalist
Islamic group) exhibition, in which Hindu deities were
ridiculed and Bhagwan Ram and Mother Sita were
depicted as brother and sister.

>Shabana is born with an animus against Hindu society.
She is a hypocrite. Whenever Hindus are terrorized by
Islamic militants, she either goes underground or
maintains sphinx like silence. The following are a few
examples: (a) when more than 500,000 Hindus and Sikhs
were ethnically cleansed from Kashmir and Afghanistan,
(b) in 1993, when more than 400 Hindus were blown to
bits in Bombay, (c) in 1998, 50 Hindus were bombed in
Coimbatore, India, and (d) on February 27, 2001, 60
innocent Hindu women and children were burnt alive by
Islamic terrorists.

>In the backdrop of what has been said above, it is
crystal clear that Shabana is a very dangerous woman
and has the potential to create trouble in the
society. It is not understood on what grounds this
vicious lady has been allowed by American Embassy to
come to this country and pollute the peaceful
atmosphere.