[Reader-list] software is religion

Are Flagan areflagan at artpanorama.com
Fri Nov 8 23:38:12 IST 2002

On 11/8/02 4:17, "Menso Heus" <menso at r4k.net> wrote:

> Software is religion. The preachers seem to understand
> little of those to whom they preach and the ones visiting
> the church understand only vaguely what the preachers
> are all about.

Maybe these parallels can take this further:

1. The Cathedral and the Bazaar, the secular move to open source advocated
by Eric Raymond in his seminal essay by that title.

2. The Adobe Evangelists (I kid you not), a group of specially trained
salespeople that travel the world to share the miracles of their software.
The demo as sermon.

-af