[Reader-list] [Announcements] Zest for Life

Shivam Vij zest_india at yahoo.co.in
Fri Dec 19 16:34:06 IST 2003

Hi!

On 25 December, the Zest Reading Group will celebrate its first anniversary.

The Group: embers of the Zest Reading Group exchange good reading material from the Web. One mail is circulated daily. Did you come across a terrific
article on sports or economy, art or technology, literature or
politics, media or society, defence or offence? Just copy and paste
it to zest-india at yahoogroups.com!

A random sample of the titles of our messages will give you an idea of the quality reading exchanged via ZEST:

Five Days with V.S. Naipaul; Nuke Age II; The New York Times on Ms. Mayawati; Vikram Seth in Doon School; Sexy Man from Moradabad; Evangelism in Kashmir; Matrix Reanalysed; Maths and Me; Science and Me; Amartya Sen: A Brief Autobiography; For the last generation that grew up with Doordarshan; The jobs Britain stole from the Asian subcontinent 200 years ago are being returned; On Anita Desai; Amitav Ghosh on Agha Shahid Ali; Abba jaan! Main dekh sakta hoon!; The ABC of OBC angst; Women in Ancient India; The Baghdad Blogger; Return Train to Pakistan; For Lucknow scribes happy days are here again; The Food Of Love; Gujarat learns English; Paul R. Brass’ response to Ashutosh Varshney’s scathing review of his book; Why Mizoram is Lyngdoh’s favourite state; Thoughts On Coffee

The Members:
We have over 200 members, mostly Indians, from all parts of the world. They include students, journalists, engineers, academics and software professionals.

The Membership:
Zest does not believe in flooding your mailbox. We circulate "a mail
a day," which means you will receive one mail every day under both
the 'daily digest' and 'individual emails' options. We strongly
recommend the latter.

Archives: Our archives have so far been available to non-members as well, but shall cease to do so from December 25, when we turn one.

If you want to be a member without receiving any mails, you can
choose the 'no email' option. In this case you can visit the group
homepage off and on and read our articles there:

The Moderator:
The Zest Reading Group is moderated by Shivam Vij, an undergraduate
student at St. Stephen's College, Delhi University.

Give it a try, you can always unsubscribe if you don't like it.

See you there!

Yahoo! India Mobile: Ringtones, Wallpapers, Picture Messages and more.Download now.