[Reader-list] Zakir Nagar

khadeeja arif khadeejaarif1 at rediffmail.com
Sun Dec 21 11:44:31 IST 2003

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------

India Toady Beauty Contast
18thJULY

“My brother took me to India Today Beauty Contest. ,,,,, I was little nervous but then every thing was O.K. end up winning second prize”. Shameem tells as she also brings out her sash from an old trunk.
Modelling is her  fist choice. But she could not get the right offer.
Maher Jessie is her role model.
Shameem keeps her sash very carefully.
“I also got an offer in acting for the serial Boom Boom Shakalaka
.but couldn’t go to Bombay”
laments Shameem.
Shameem’s parents never have had any problem with Shameem’s choice of being a model. They could not encourage her because of neighbors and  relatives.
I get tea once again. Tea was never a miss during our conversations. Shameem’s mother is little too found of sugar.
“Baipaasha Basu jaise role to mujeh kabhi bhi mil sakte hain
.lakin mujeh to hamesha achche roles hi karne hai”
.Kusum and Pererna remains her top favorites.

First Salary
19th July

Shameem still remembers her joy when she got her first salary. Her first job was in a cyber café where she got  one thousand rupees as her monthly salary.
She took her mother to shop, got a pair of jeans for her brother and a hair dye for Nasreen,her elder sister.
The excitement of being financially independent and helping her family is clearly visible on her face as she tells me about her first salary.
“I left that job because I was the only woman there.”
Doing a course in computer really helped Shameem.
Shameem is really angry with her tailor. He has already spoiled two Salwaar Kameez of hers.
The wall in the room is breaking up but Aishwarya’s poster keeps smiling

..
Naheed, Shameem’s friend is getting married.
Shameem’s office is nearby.
She prefers not to carry a cell phone with her: “cell phone is a  jhanjhat”.