[Reader-list] VIEW FROM TRIPURA - POLTICS AS PERCEIVED BY PEOPLE

Sagnik Chakravartty sagnik_chakravartty at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 8 10:06:00 IST 2003

Dear friends,
See below comments on Politics written by IT- savvy
generation of Tripura that includes tripura-watchers
like me also . This is being reproduced from
www.tripurainfo.com.
These comments will give you an idea about the common
perception of politics.Also you will get an idea about
the penetration of I.T. in Tripura and the
participation of women in such message boards is
striking. This shows that to some extent women in
Tripura have empowered themselves in being IT-Savvy.
Some of these comments may be written in a joking
fashion.
Enjoy reading-
Bye
Sagnik Chakravartty
------------------------------------------------------TRIPURAINFO.COM
MESSAGE BOARD
POLITICS -
Posted by:   manik sarkar kutta bacha.  Date:
30-01-2003 Time:   12:19:13
iam kutta manik,do you know iam the king of
bangali,but sure this iam not going to be king any
more because of the tripuri(borok)unity.thier unity
will bring us no luck this time.so one day will be
keep under thier feet.this is thier mother land and
they are indegeneous people of tripura.
  Posted by:   A TRIPURI  Date:   12-01-2003 Time:
09:33:10
the debate over changing the name of our state to
twipra is nothing but yet another attempt of the
vested interests to shift the focus from the burning
issues of the hour....
what people require is the basic needs of life and a
good society to live in.....it is better to have a
developed and healty "tripura" than an underdeveloped
"twipra"....what´s in name after all folks....will the
name change erase poverty or hunger? or change our
status as a poor state ridden by terrorism and
poverty? fuelling caste and tribal sentiments has been
the long time business of the so called
"leaders"...lets not fall into their trap...cmon
brothers and sisters...don´t tolerate this nonsense.
  Posted by:   BWSKANG DEBBARMA  Date:   07-01-2003
Time:   09:42:36
POLITICS IS A WIDELY OBSERVED PHENOMENON .WE CAN
INVOVLE DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY.WE BOROK PEOPLE NEED
POLITICALLY INVOLVED TO GAIN OUR RIGHTS AND FREEDOM.
  Posted by:   BWSKANG DEBBARMA  Date:   07-01-2003
Time:   09:42:31
POLITICS IS A WIDELY OBSERVED PHENOMENON .WE CAN
INVOVLE DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY.WE BOROK PEOPLE NEED
POLITICALLY INVOLVED TO GAIN OUR RIGHTS AND FREEDOM.
  Posted by:   BWSKANG DEBBARMA  Date:   07-01-2003
Time:   09:40:37
POLITICS OS A WIDELY OBSERVED PHENOMENON .WE CAN
INVOVLE DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY.WE BOROK PEOPLE NEED
POLITICALLY INVOLVED TO GAIN OUR RIGHTS AND FREEDOM.
  Posted by:   ramkumar deborma  Date:   30-12-2002
Time:   03:43:28
The future of the Twiprasas is in politics.Today we r
politically displaced and economically
suppressed.Unless politically conscious youths join
politics and become watchdogs of political development
in Twipra our future is at stack.It is sad that
power-hungry Borok leaders have in the name of the
Boroks captured power in Twipra. Politics in our state
today is centred around Tribals and Bengalee lower
caste.It is tribal politics versus caste
politics.I,therefore eanestly urge all the educated
Borok youths to come together and pust our heads
together and commit ourselves to the cause of the
Boroks.
  Posted by:   birajit sinha  Date:   27-12-2002 Time:
  18:07:34
wah mishti ki mishti mishti katha tomar .
tomar jonye aamar bedroom sab shamay khola come any
time baby
  Posted by:   sil  Date:   09-12-2002 Time:
16:08:27
Hi,
The online poll survey is not a quality one.I don´t
think there are more than 10000 users in tripura to
vote for online survey.Still it´s showing so much
discrepency.
Actually one user can vote for infinite number of
times by pressing "enter".So the SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR
,PLEASE LOOK INTO THIS ISSUE.As people or you may
misinterpret this survey outcome.Because nontechnical
people will not understand,how you can give so many
votes.Some people (who don´t know the value of online
survey has already done that).
SO PLEASE RECTIFY THE VOTING SYSTEM.In the page
code,put some check so that the same user from same IP
address can´t vote more than once.
If u need any technical assistance feel free to mail
me at kaushik.sil at indiatimes.com .I will be proud to
the same for my state.
Thanks
  Posted by:   MISHTI  Date:   03-12-2002 Time:
12:01:34
TO ME POLITICS IS NOTHING BUT SOME HANDSOME GUYS LIKE
BIRAJIT SINHA ETC. I LIKE TO LOVE HIM.
  Posted by:   Rubel  Date:   03-12-2002 Time:
05:42:30
Politics is noting but we have to follow and make it
fresh.
rubelmr at yahoo.com
  Posted by:   Subhendu Choudhury  Date:   23-11-2002
Time:   00:19:16
Forget About politics want to enjoy Financial
freedom..want to earn money..by ethics ..want to do a
business...want to be a millionaire....fulfill all
your dreams ..mail me subha_ch_in at yahoo.com...i am
successful i can make you too...
  Posted by:   m.r.  Date:   18-11-2002 Time:
17:12:47
politics is a fourth class game played by fifth class
people .god save tripura from such bloody people.
  Posted by:   Deman  Date:   11-10-2002 Time:
01:46:12
To me.....
the politics is as sweets as honey...
  Posted by:   Manasi Datta  Date:   03-10-2002 Time:
 02:11:41
To me:
In the ancient days ´Politics´ means ´the Rules of
King´ but now a days in a democratic country it is
converted into ´the Rules of General Public´.
  Posted by:   Kiran Shankar  Date:   03-10-2002 Time:
  01:45:01
Politics can play an important role for making a
nation strongest one in the world by all means. But
now a days it is observed maximum people believe on
politics only for personal interest and not for the
interest of the nation. Every citizen should have the
positive attitude for making his/her nation strongest
instead of personal interest. Then only the meaning of
´politics´ will be justified.
  Posted by:   Sanjoy paul  Date:   31-08-2002 Time:
08:10:23
Nothing als
  Posted by:   ........  Date:   24-08-2002 Time:
16:35:37
Politics .... my ass !
  Posted by:   demann  Date:   19-08-2002 Time:
05:06:48
Wake up, Major dude, and welcome to the 21st century.
Granted, politics sucks big time in tripura. The
kingdom is long gone, and we have to chill out
together with everyone, right ? If you don’t keep the
scores in your own hood, then it will be all the mean
muther-fucka who’ll be scoring the home runs. Come on,
if ya say “I don’t give a shit”, all these jerks will
keep on making funny speeches in geneva and all over
the place, and come home and say they were
mis-interpreted and get away with it too. And all
those gangsta boys of NLFT and ATTF have mud in their
head. Hey !! it’s not cool to kick ass with AK47 and
shit like that. If you are pissed off with your job
and and bored with yer religion, just go buy yourself
a drink or smoke, or shit like that !! can’t go around
behaving like son-of-a-gun and messing other people.
take it easy, people
  Posted by:   Sgt/Maj. Gabriel B. Koloi (R.B.A).
Date:   08-08-2002 Time:   02:43:39
THE POLITICS IN TWIPRA KINGDOM IS DIRTY GAME.
SO I DO NOT REALLY LIKE TO BACK UP ANY PARTICULAR
POLITICAL PARTY OF TWIPRA KINGDOM.
  Posted by:   DEBU GHOSH  Date:   29-07-2002 Time:
05:36:01
POLITICS IS MOST INTERESTING THING. I LIKE IT.
  Posted by:   APANGSHU DEBNATH  Date:   29-07-2002
Time:   05:28:29
POLICTS IS THE BONE OF A REPUBLIC NATION.
  Posted by:   sa re ga maa  Date:   04-07-2002 Time:
 06:04:17
politics is the most interestring thing in this
otherwise lacklustre world. Starting from French
Industrial revolution, to the sepoy mutiny in 1857, if
there had been no polticis we would not have
independence. its another thing what is the topic all
about. be more specific.
  Posted by:   Rajib GanChaudhuri  Date:   13-06-2002
Time:   18:28:47
Apathy to politics won´t solve any of problems. Common
people must get involved; and honest dynamic people
with a passion to improve the state of the public,
must enter politics. Politics should not be allowed to
remain the last refuge of the scoundrel. Democracy has
no future otherwise. Let´s have positive attitude,
let´s dream, let´s believe.
  Posted by:   Sagnik Chakravartty  Date:   02-06-2002
Time:   15:20:50
I agree with Bhaswati´s point that politics means the
King of Laws. But to add , it also means the art of
the possible.
  Posted by:   Jayanta Debbarma  Date:   24-05-2002
Time:   11:15:48
Politics is nothing but an easy way to make easy
money. All the scams are a testimony to it. If it is
not true, why don´t the brilliant students and toppers
choose it as a career ?
  Posted by:   A. Ray  Date:   22-05-2002 Time:
09:23:40
Politics is not a mission now. Its a proffession
  Posted by:   Bhabes Debbarma  Date:   18-05-2002
Time:   01:25:02
Politics is very essential for everybody.Without
politics our Nation can´t mobilise in present
situation & coming situaton for facing problem in our
country.
  Posted by:     Date:   14-05-2002 Time:   14:56:52

  Posted by:   Partha B  Date:   13-05-2002 Time:
23:28:02
Politics is part of life, everybody plays the game of
politics in one form or other. It is the players of
this game who spoiled the spirit of the game in todays
world. One of the main reason that soiled the game is
illiteracy (also includes those so called intelectual
group who does not have the ability to analyze a
situation, allways thinks "mind your own business") of
the spectetors.
  Posted by:   Hrishikesh Majumder  Date:   12-05-2002
Time:   12:13:12
In my point we r not really aware which is politics
and qwhat is political science.It is the ignorance and
stay away attitude of people that made it worse.Had
the leaders faced cut throat competition as it exists
in Business world that would be more beneficiary for
our people.Because leaders then thribed for doing
something as they would know unless they perform
people would throw them out of power.
  Posted by:   BHASKARJYOTI BHAUMIK.  Date:
02-05-2002 Time:   06:26:34
Politics to me is nothing but a botheration for the
public.Nowadays it is really hard to find politics
based on the service of manhood.
  Posted by:   BHASWATI RAY  Date:   28-04-2002 Time:
 20:10:23
POLITICS MEANS THE KING OF LAWS