[Reader-list] VIEW FROM TRIPURA : POPULAR PERCEPTION OF RELIGION

Sagnik Chakravartty sagnik_chakravartty at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 8 10:30:57 IST 2003

Dear friends,
Below a deabte is on regarding religion with a
diversity of views ranging from communal to humane
secular opinions.
You will also get to know the psyche of the Tripura
people and Tripura watchers regarding religion.
Enjoy reading. Some of these may contain derogatory
language. Take the essence of them and throw the
derogatory phrases into the dustbin.
Some of these contributors have mentioned their email
so that any queries regarding their views could be
sent to them via email.
Bye
Sagnik Chakravartty

www.tripurainfo.com
Discussion Topic
"Religion"(24 Posts)

  Posted by:   you.  Date:   05-02-2003 Time:
09:29:42
i don,t believe in religeion.
  Posted by:   Sujit Chakraborty  Date:   29-01-2003
Time:   14:38:28
Religion and Dharma are not the same. Religion is not
Dharma but Dharma Mat or Majhab. It creats small
barriers on the basis of dogma and superstitions.
Dharma has no English equivalent word. Some people
terms it with the word ´Spirituality´ which doesn´t
reflect the inner meaning of the word "Dharma". Dharma
means the inner most charracteristic of an entity. For
example, the Dharma or the inner most charracteristic
of fire is to burn, the Dharma of the water is make
something wet or to flow. In the same way the Dharma
of animals to eat, sleep, try to protect from dangers
and to make reproduction. If human beings are limited
with these four basic activities only, they are in no
way different from the animals. What makes the humans
different from the animals? That is the inner desire
to attain the infinite happiness. "Sukham Anantam
Anandam". When the happiness reaches the state of
infinity that is called Anandam. To attain Anandam is
the Dharma of human beings. If we analise with a
rational mind, human society had experienced a
numerous bloodsheds in the name of religion. Religions
don´t preech the message of peace or Anandam rather
they create divisions in the society. They are the
diseases of the human society. To attain the Anandam
or the infinite happiness, one doesn´t have to limit
oneslef with the barrier of any religion. By the
scientific excersises of psycho-spiritual practices,
one can attain that noble goal of life. The path of
human beings to attain bliss is not any religion but
the Dharma which is universal. Dharma of all the human
beings of this universe is only one. God or the final
destination of all human beings is One. There can not
be any division in the human society. We are the
members of the Cosmic family where the Supreme
Consciouness (Parama Purusa) the father, the Supreme
Creative faculty (Prama Prakrti) is the mother and the
whole universe is our homeland. "Harame Pita, Gauri
Mata, Svadesa Bhuvanatrayam" this is the essence of
all spiritual teachings. Thanks
  Posted by:   Mr. Alam  Date:   28-01-2003 Time:
07:20:43
The KALYAN ASHRAM in TRIPURA is nothing but the SEX
trade with some unemploy indigenious women.

With Love and SEX,

  Posted by:   TripuraHindu  Date:   28-01-2003 Time:
 01:43:04
Im sick and tired of hearing fellow Hindus in tripura
get raped and forced to convert by these drugged-up
Christian terrorists.

When will our fellow Hindus come to help us? RSS, VHP
are you listening?
  Posted by:    MR. SECULAR KINGDOM BOROK.  Date:
18-01-2003 Time:   09:07:09
Money can buy RELIGION, but can not buy SURVIVAL.
rEGARDS,
SECULAR.
  Posted by:    MR. SECULAR KINGDOM  Date:
18-01-2003 Time:   09:04:17
Money can buy RELIGION, but can not buy SURVIVAL.
  Posted by:   raj  Date:   16-01-2003 Time:
04:40:44
hello dear, how are you??
  Posted by:   amit kaushal.  Date:   22-12-2002 Time:
  09:28:05
these muslims mustbe fucked only .
  Posted by:   amit kausshal  Date:   22-12-2002 Time:
  09:24:39

  Posted by:   hindu  Date:   26-11-2002 Time:
17:36:03
these fucking muslims are polluting the earth
they must be forced to change their religion
and those in india ,should be and must be hindus
hindustanis must be hindus .
vhp and rss plz pay atention to it.

  Posted by:   rajiv reang.  Date:   26-11-2002 Time:
 04:55:56
religion is like a tree..where we are like a leaves of
tree.. with out tree we can"t servive.. and without
people religion is not fulfiled .so religion and we
are verymuch connected.
  Posted by:   religion is my asshole  Date:
24-11-2002 Time:   12:23:05
bloody muslims are the most fucked up people on earth.
they need to be killed and destroyed if people need to
live in peace and harmony.

muslims are the new face of satan (devil).
  Posted by:   Subham  Date:   23-11-2002 Time:
00:23:06
Religon .. whatever it might be.. it teaches us
values...but at the end of the day ..what we earn from
it..any addition of our bank balance ..No..so Forget
About Religion..if you want to enjoy Financial
freedom..want to earn money..by ethics ..want to do a
business...want to be a millionaire....fulfill all
your dreams ..mail me subha_ch_in at yahoo.com...i am
successful i can make you too...
  Posted by:   prabir&sushavan  Date:   26-10-2002
Time:   12:03:31
Religion is abest . about religion we
don´t talk any thing. after all hindu religion is a
best religion. we are also hindu. we thought religion
is the best site
for community.we are now at bangalore.
  Posted by:   Mg. T. Thomas. Vill/ Huku Twisa. P/O,
Do, P/S, Manu ghat, Dhalai, TWIPRA KINGDOM  Date:
25-09-2002 Time:   10:11:13
Religion is an individual concerned, no one can force
to practice or propagate showing different sourses of
tamptation.
  Posted by:   Subhas Chatterjee  Date:   13-08-2002
Time:   01:54:11
Religion is like the river which meets in the
ocean(the creator). Any one who is following that
river is bound to know HIM or meet HIM in unique way
as every river has a different delta near the ocean.
That is what Hinduism says. I don´t like the meaning
of Hinduism marginalised by considering it as a
religion as is done by the swami. Hinduism is like the
universal father of all religion not mother as it
nourishes all religion under its shadow, where as a
mother gives birth to a religion like shaivism,
vaishnavism, buddhism, christianity were created by
some follower of shiva, chaitanya, buddha or christ
correspondingly.
  Posted by:   Subhas Chatterjee  Date:   13-08-2002
Time:   01:52:42
Religion is like the river which meets in the
ocean(the creator). Any one who is following that
river is bound to know HIM or meet HIM in unique way
as every river has a different delta near the ocean.
That is what Hinduism says. I don´t like the meaning
of Hinduism marginalised by considering it as a
religion as is done by the swami. Hinduism is like the
universal father of all religion not mother as it
nourishes all religion under its shadow, where as a
mother gives birth to a religion like shaivism,
vaishnavism, buddhism, christianity was created by
some follower of shiva, chaitanya, buddha or christ
correspondingly.
  Posted by:   Sgt/Maj. Gabriel B. Koloi (R.B.A).
Date:   08-08-2002 Time:   03:04:09
RELIGION IS ONES OWN FAITH, NOBODY SHOULD NOT
DISTURB IT TO THE PERSON WHO BELIVED IN THE
PARTICULAR RELIGION. WE SHOULD HELP THEM AS MUCH AS WE
CAN.
  Posted by:   Sgt/Maj. Gabriel B. Koloi (R.B.A).
Date:   08-08-2002 Time:   03:00:07
RELIGION IS ONES OWN FAITH, NOBODY SHOULD NOT
DISTURB IT TO THE PERSON WHO BELIVED IN THE
PARTICULAR RELIGION.THAT IS THE HOLIEST ONE IN THE
WORLD TO HIM/HER. WE SHOULD HELP THEM AS MUCH AS WE
CAN.
  Posted by:   debapratap ghosh  Date:   28-07-2002
Time:   23:47:05
religion is a best. i faith in my religion.
most needed religion for person.
  Posted by:   Rajib GanChaudhuri  Date:   13-06-2002
Time:   18:56:05
Does it give peace, tolerance, happiness, strength,
hope? Does it preach love to all of humanity & beyond,
does it have unlimited catholicity? Does it attempt to
answer profound philosophical questions? Has it
matured & refined over the ages? Does it
allow/encourage knowledge, rather than renounce or
restrain it in static stubborn boundaries?
If yes, I´ll take that religion.
  Posted by:   Swami Tirthananda  Date:   04-06-2002
Time:   07:26:14
Hinduism is the best religion as they does not create
jehadis in the name of religion to kill inocent
people.

  Posted by:   Naren Debbarma  Date:   04-06-2002
Time:   03:21:04
To me religion is nothing but a issu of creating
trabble.MANAB JATI-is the only JATI(Religion), every
body should fllow it.
  Posted by:   Sagnik Chakravartty  Date:   02-06-2002
Time:   15:18:56
Well, to me religion is a personal experience.