[Reader-list] MEDIA IN TRIPURA : COMMENTS from tripurainfo.com message board

Sagnik Chakravartty sagnik_chakravartty at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 8 10:41:45 IST 2003

www.tripurainfo.com Message Board

Discussion Topic
"Press/Media In Tripura"(52 Posts)
  Last Posted
  Posted by:   Sagnik Chakravartty  Date:   07-02-2003
Time:   23:11:12
Well I enjoyed reading the views on media in this
section. Friends, you can logonto
www.sarai.net and participate in the online discussion
list - reader-list by posting your views on such
topics there. You can have great interaction and
debates with other friends across India on the Sarai
Reader-list.
  Posted by:   bengali of tripura  Date:   05-02-2003
Time:   19:09:56
hey tipras dont shout too much here u fucking pahairas
came out of cave yesterday and now think that u are
the owner of this state fuck u mamas . just have a
look around all the cities and then think about how it
has been developed and who did all that. u better know
that all the developments in the main land of tripura
is done by bengalis . why on earth did u come out of
ur hills stay there in peace . dont come nearby
agartala also or else ur bhai bandhus will be killed .
and those churches which has washed ur brain(brain do
u have really!!!) will never come to ur rescue if all
the bengalis go against u .so plz tipra brothers and
sisters go back to ur caves and sing ´phaidi phaidi´
and be happy there .if u really want to do something
develop ur adc area and show us . bye mama and mamis
  Posted by:   MANIK BARMAN  Date:   02-02-2003 Time:
 14:46:59
STOP THIS ARGUMENT AMONG YOURSELVES.EVERYONE IS
MIGRATED FROM SOME WHERE. SOME ONE YESTERDAY AND SOME
ONE DAY BEFORE YESTERDAY, SO WHY DO YOU KILL YOUR TIME
IN POLLUTING YOUR BROTHERHOOD.
SEE OTHERS, THEY ARE DEVELLOPING AND ACCELERATING
THEIR DEVELOPMENTS,AND WE??????
SO, BE COMPATATIVE BUT NOT WITH YOUR OWN BROTHERS.
AND THE PEOPLE STAYING OUTSIDE, DON´T YOU OBSERB THAT
HOW OTHERS ARE NEGLECTING THE NORTHEASTERN STATES ONLY
BECAUSE OF THIS EXTREMIST PROBLEMS.
SO, BETTER LEAVE ALL THESE FALTU IDEAS AND PUT YOUR
HANDS IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF OUR STATE.

  Posted by:   ayungsa tripura.  Date:   30-01-2003
Time:   12:46:42
hi.
icecandyman iwill fuck your mother and sister be ready
okay.i will come every night 10p.m and i will pay you
ahuge amount of money.Be ready to accept it.fucking
your mother and sister i enjoy alot.wah what a night
to fuck with your mom and sis.
  Posted by:   iam a tripuri (nokbar)Delhi.  Date:
30-01-2003 Time:   12:40:05
iam a tripuri.iam not afraid of you bangali(musok).iam
ready to give my life,blood and scrafice for my people
you know musok.let me finish first my education.after
that iam going to serve for my people.you all musok
are refugees from bangladesh.this is my motherland,iam
not afraid to say that this is my motherland.iam ready
to give my life for my tripuri.you all will have to
leave our land,i think you all know(musok).
  Posted by:   Augustus  Date:   30-01-2003 Time:
03:19:54
It seems some constructive ideas are coming out at
last.But seriously--------we can make this forum
productive only if we can do something positive rather
than simply discussing in this forum.Because,very few
of our friends sitting in Tripura are looking at the
site.Public opinion can not be influenced by merely
discussing things in this forum.At the most one might
derive some sort of pseudo intellectual satisfaction
out of this activity.
  Posted by:   INPT killed them  Date:   28-01-2003
Time:   06:04:34
INPT 100% behind this incident
why the govt. is just watching

  Posted by:   Tripura  Date:   28-01-2003 Time:
01:46:46
Tripura Hindus and Bengali Hindus must unite together
against the Christian narcoterrorists who want a
christian-only state. Fight back brothers.
  Posted by:   icecandyman  Date:   27-01-2003 Time:
06:51:04
we don´t need the "party-office" culture for any
developement activity either. Let the govt.( who ever
be in power) invite the industrialists to explore the
market in tripura and neighbouring states and of
course a market in bangladesh can also be explored(
all they need is an export license).

They can set up their manufacturing units some place
in tripura where rail access is available. Govt. also
should be pro-active( i know they have many policies,
but ultimately all end under the dreaded Red Tape)in
approaving their place, providing some soaps in taxes
etc.. When mass employment is generated, education, IT
and eveything else will follow.

  Posted by:   Ei Samay  Date:   27-01-2003 Time:
05:45:14
Now the very basic question for all of us is what
would be the policy in this globalize scenario for a
small state like Tripura? Is it only the education
dept. has to create job opportunity for the youth? the
all rapidly developing states (e.g Karnataka,
Maharastra, Andra Prasesh etc.) giving more focus on
I.T sector, i do believe that, communication is not a
barrier for us as far as I.T industry is concerned as
we have Agartala airport and we do have nice access
Kolkata International airport. Now the question is
where from we will get skilled man power, i would say,
yes we do have eng. college, but that´s not enough,
here govt. has to take more and more initiatives, (I
think current govt. has to review their
industry/economic policies towards I.T, every evening
their employees/comrades like TGEA, etc shout for
anti-IT and they send their sons/daughters for IT
education outside state, this attitude must change,
also the attitude of copying Bodhababu has to change
first) Why there is no MCA course in Tripura
University?why there is no BCA/B.Sc (CS) course in
colleges? Agartala needs to give more importance to
other towns like Dharmanagar, a complete statewise
education program we do need today. state also has
nice access of silchar REC, and Assam University,
therefore i don´t think quality man power at the
initial stage would be a problem, and now the most
vital issue is infrastructure, political as well as
social, it has to come from govt, from public
attitude, should not come from party office
of-course.. at least in I.T sector we don´t want
party-office culture...are our state leaders
visualizing this state as one of the I.T developed
state in india after 10 years down the line?
  Posted by:   icecandyman  Date:   27-01-2003 Time:
04:05:08
Amra bangali stinks.. sucks... maan, grow up!!
Loverof Tripura, this msg board has taken a diversion
from it´s topic and taken for good. Stay out if you
don´t like the comments, we certainly don´t require
any editorial judgement from you..if you have
something to contribute towards the diverted topic,
post else shut up.
  Posted by:   amora bangali  Date:   27-01-2003 Time:
  01:47:58
11 massacred
what more...start killing back the consultant of
millitants in agartala the babus of debbarma
lets massacre Mr.Rabindra debbarma,Upendra
debbarma,Nishikanta debbarma, Harinath debbarma,and NC
debbarma
Finsih them, there will be peace for both the
community.The media should call all our amora
bangali,and arrest them or finish them,we will live in
peace.I hope the major tripuris will support me
blindly

  Posted by:   Mr. LoverofTripura  Date:   26-01-2003
Time:   23:34:01
I guess the topic of discussion over here was the role
of media in Tripura but, i wonder why people are
putting their sentimental feelings over the board like
fools.
In my opinion press/media in Tripura is not very
effective. The role of midia should be to make people
aware of every possible opportunity to grow.
  Posted by:   Amra Bangali  Date:   25-01-2003 Time:
 00:59:27
As war has been one of the most effective solutions
method for all problems since ancinet times, we should
not rule out of any war between Tripuris and Bengalis
in Tripura. As a nation and community, one should
reserve this war option whenever need arises. So, I
don´t discount Charu das´s suggestion as mere cynic
views. But rather it should be reality one day if need
arises. We can quote Mr. Anil Sarkar´s statement where
he had called all non-tribals of Tripura to unite and
kill/maime as many tribals as possible whenever
there´s attack on bengalis in hilly areas. But thing
is that do Bengalis have the guts to unitedly fight
any war? As history shows Hindu Bengalis have never
been able to unitedly fight any big war except those
stray shootings against the British officials and some
naxalite movements. So, be prepared to fight or leave
Tripura otherwise. Being kshatriyas, Tripuris are
battle hardened community, and hence defeating them in
any war would be daunting tasks.
  Posted by:   icecandyman  Date:   24-01-2003 Time:
05:11:41
I am clueless why my messge has been posted thrice..it
was not intended by me to be so ---
  Posted by:   icecandyman  Date:   24-01-2003 Time:
04:18:55
Mr. Debbarma´s message is praise worthy. Ei Samay also
has very valid points. Mr. Charu´s message do touch
one´s heart. So where the msg. board is heading
towards? A trouble free, prosperous and peaceful
Tripura.

I personally think, most of the msgs that are in the
mesg board are coming out directly from the heart with
a genuine concern for the well being of Tripura. I
only wish, that common sense prevail to those who want
the same at the expense of the bengali´s, we also
belong as much to tripura as anybody else. I don´t
understand why the bigotrious and stubborn attitude of
a few wel educated guys towards the bengali community.
Mr. Adhir, same happens to anyone who goes to MBB or
TEC or Tripura Polytechnic from the mofussil
towns/villages.

Let´s ponder more on Mr. Debbarma´s question, and find
out who the real loosers are. Let the messages flow,
let the commonsense precail, let the political
authotrity take some rear guard action, let the
tribals join the main stream, let the people go and
work fearlessly in the remote villages, let the
infrastructure develop, let the mayhem stop, let all
forces go out of tripura, let us all leave an amicable
life full of camaraderie.

(Micheal, you still haven´t stopped bragging, yes I
know how it feels from being a prestigious
institution, ´cause I am )
  Posted by:   icecandyman  Date:   24-01-2003 Time:
03:35:40
[...]

03:28:49
[...]

  Posted by:   charu das  Date:   24-01-2003 Time:
02:54:50
So, let Bengalis and Tripuris declare formal war on
each other. Tripuris and Bengalis fight in open way.
Whoever wins the bloody fight, would stay in the
state. Let all Central forces be taken away from the
state. All Bengalis and Tripuris TSRs and Police would
go to each others side. Let the national Highway be
closed so that no one can go out without getting
killed or killing someone. Let the border be patrolled
by B´desh rilfes so that no one from Tripura can
escape to B´desha also. This war would settle all
issues - either one of the community would perish. My
this suggestion should stop any further discussion on
this topic in this message board.
  Posted by:   Ei Samay  Date:   24-01-2003 Time:
01:08:26
Let me put my view without any ambiguity
1. If tripura is the motherland of my tripuri friends,
it is also my motherland. (Even though my ancestors
came from other part of the world). I also can´t
tolerate any uncivilized activities in my state such
as kidnappings or militants activities etc. If some of
my tripuri brothers believe in this ideology, they
have to pay for that.

2. What US or other countries doing today can´t be the
solutions to every ground ALWAYS, our emotion is the
integral part of our life, we have to respect it.

3. Tripura needs urgent development in socio-economic
area, and we need complete participation from everyone
of the society, you can´t dream a develop state just
with few class VIII pass Kakbarak teachers, (Please,
don´t take it other way, I have honest respect to this
language), and once again i would like to mention,
just pushing others from you, you can´t have the
refugee solutions, we have to address it globally, it
can´t be the tripura´s problem only. we have to search
for a global solution for that.

  Posted by:   Mr. Debbarma  Date:   24-01-2003 Time:
 00:07:24
Hi Guyz,
I think there is lot of mud spilling over each
othere´s lineages... We at this stage need
understanding from each of the people living in
Tripura.
I should ask you a question please ask yourself?
Who is really suffering by this so called the communal
conflict, who damn is the looser...
It is us the common people, everyone fights for its
right. Even an insect when it is surrounded by lots of
ants protects itself.
But, ofcourse we are not insects or ants we are human
beings, and if the situatin continues i am afraid we
will be left only with wounds on either side....
  Posted by:   for augustus and icecandyman from adhir
 Date:   23-01-2003 Time:   23:54:14
Audustus You are very mean to say that?
How do you say nobody is stopping them to compete in
open category.First you look into the administration.I
don´t understand,why bengalis from tripura are so much
possessive about the hindu bengalis from bangladesh.If
you are so much aware for them,why don´t you create
some place in west bengal?Look at the national level
politics also.The VHP and RSS are only after muslims
bangladeshi never after the Hindu bengalis from "opaar
bangla".Bengalis are never developing mind although
they are brilliant but those days are already past.Now
the situation has turned the opposite.What the whole
indians think today the bengalis think after 20
years.And still the bengalis in tripura think putting
them in that state will improve the state.Why you guys
are worrying for tripura and people from that
state?Its been already tested for last 50 years.You
have done nothing for that state.Today we don´t even
have good postal service in remote area.You should
look into yourself and find the reason why bengal
today is vanishing from the world´s map of
development.Bengalis now live only remembering the
past.What we tripuris will do whether great mind of
bengals help india win over the british or not.We need
to think for our own interest.There was a day when
Tagore/JC bose and Dr meghnath saha seek the financial
help from tripura govt(the then king).Are you
forgetting all those help?
Mr.Icecandyman is also forgetting how communal and
castiest the bengalis are .Now you are thinking the
terrorist problem.When I was a student in my school I
never get good marks in geography inspite of my
scoring the highest in all other subjects because of
my one communal teacher.But I am not blaming all other
bengali teachers.Don´t you think that one bengali
teacher has created my mind as separatist towards
bengali?When I came to Princeton the situation turned
otherway around....I am the best.
We have been mistreated,looked down,discriminated and
overthrown from all of our rights.We lost our basic
human rights in tripura.There should be some good
people who shd rule the state.Even we can not go to
MBB college for admission.I still remember when I went
for applying admission in science alongwith one of my
good bengali friends.I was forced to take out my shirt
and run around the college.So imagine now,why should
not I go against the bengalis.More or less,95%
bengalis from tripura are communal.5% are very good to
tribals.They are helpful and good bengali may be real
bengalis/

  Posted by:   Michael Deb Barma  Date:   23-01-2003
Time:   21:04:59
Hi to icecandyman and Mr./Ms. Ei Samay,
You guys may have plenty of time to discuss on this
Refugee problem vis-a-vis Tripura Media topic, but my
opinions remain the same.

1. Refugee Bengalis from Tripura would have to be
either pushed to Bangladesh or relocated to other
bigger states of India. Why should Tripura being so
small state bear so much pain and sufferings caused by
the Bangladeshi refugees? It´s neither emotional nor
political. It´s the most practical solution in this
modern world. Malaysia has done recently the same with
Indonesian illegal immigrants in Malaysia. Every
nation/every state in this world has adopted this
solution. UAE recently ordered all those illegal
Indian workers to leave UAE within stipulated time.
Currently US is requiring all those male muslims above
the age of 16 to register with INS. US says that they
are open to outsiders but at the same time, they must
protect their homelands/their nation. For Tripura and
Tripuris it is the same-we must protect our
motherland, our identity, our political rights from
refugees/illegal migrants with whichever means we need
to adopt.

2. As far as the current mindless violence of the
militants is concerned, it´s created by the Refugee
Bengalis administration ONLY. Whether they are left or
right leaders, they have polluted the young Tripuris
minds to such an extent that a section of young
Tripuris have turned to this path of mindless
violence. Of course, this is thanks to a section of
foolish Tripuri politicians being tricked by the
refugee bongs.

3. Whether you agree or not, the refugee problem has
to be settled once for all. No excuse , saying it´s
emotional issue , Bengalis are part of Tripura etc.
etc. Else Tripura will further burn in coming days.
Crooked Tripuri politicians also need to remember this
that they would be punished severly if they keep on
cheating on their own people by creating these
politically motivated mindless terrorists.

4. As far as political parties of Tripura/India are
concerned, all of them are crooked and corrupt. But
taking complete apolitical and practical point of
view, we must accept this fact that TRipura has been a
great victim of the refugee problem. In coming days,
Meghalaya and Assam would be another victims. Time is
not far behind when these two states face the
extinction of indigenous people from its landscape.
Therefore, all the indigenous people of the north east
must be aware of this fact and struggle toward
protecting their rights and lands.

Any comments icecandyman and Mr./Ms. Ei Samay? (Note:
icecandyman, No use of being after my degree or
academic background. Just try to see what it looks
like or feels to be in prestigious instition, instead
of making long list of those passing out from them).
  Posted by:   icecandyman  Date:   23-01-2003 Time:
07:23:28
oops!! so many msgs on the board and I can see Mr.
Micheal´s myopic and blurred views are getting
clearer.. He is not the same man who bragged about IIM
lineage( how stupid it sounded!!! ) and eradicating
the bengalis "whichever way is possible" thus showing
his solidarity with the nonsense carnage that´s going
these days in tripura. How vindictive he sounded.. and
he is an IIM product that too without availing
reservation( well, IIM do have reservation policy as
per govt rule and your fraternity can avail that as
well- MIND IT) was appearing as a total fallacy. I
have managed a team consisting of IIM guys in recent
past, and I know the trait of the guys coming out from
those Prestigious Institute. YOU (Mr. Micheal)
apparently sound as "the odd man out". However, I am
seeing more sense in Mr. Micheal’s last posting.

No more personal mud-slinging. Let´s all address the
teething troubles that is disturbing the
socio-economic scenario of Tripura. Driving the bongs
out by any means is not a good solution, probably my
tripuri friends will also agree. We need to stop this
mindless act called insurgency ( in other, fighting
for a free twipra) ASAP. This alone will solve many
problems. Investments will also start flowing in.
Society will settle down, the scars left in the mind
of all communities in Tripra will slowly erase. The
vindictive talks and useless ruckus of driving bongs
will not work. WE BONGS ARE ALSO AN INTEGRAL PART of
Tripura. Let´s all understand that.

Mr. Micheal, would eagerly wait for your views on the
massacre of Tribals by so called terrorist outfit just
because the follow some political lineage? The plight
of those Tripuri´s who are badly affected due to this?
The guys who are going to the interiors of Tripura to
build the infrastructure ( Railways, water supply,
health centre, docs, teachers etc etc...) and getting
kidnapped or killed? The answer to your point
regarding the infrastructures in the tribal areas not
improving lies here...

  Posted by:   Ei Samay  Date:   23-01-2003 Time:
06:07:02
Hi, Mr Michael Deb Barma ...
Please don´t generalize your view with the entire
Tripuri´s view. and regarding your name, the
explanation you have given, sounds good, but sorry to
mention that you have deviated the point from the
track, as far as
your name is concerned, i don´t have any problem, but
the problem is with "Michael" culture, and i have
mentioned one of the example of that, "Ujan Maidan"
what was that Mr. DebBarma? how you will describe
that? i would like to see...

Yes, influx of refugees is an issue, and the issue not
only exists with Tripura, rather with other north-east
states, for that we simply can´t blame just one
community! we have to ask this question to our
history, you agree or not, it´s more an emotional
issue rather than a political, you can´t expect
solution for this from political point of view. what
is you view? is the solutions of the problem are
kidnappings, raping bengali woman, not allowing
bengali teachers, doctors in ADC area?

you can´t not ignore history as far as you claim
yourself as a member of the civilized world. and as
far as identity is concerned, you can´t survive with
it just pushing other from you, we have to learn from
others, specially, in this globalize era, we all have
to accept it, doesn´t matter, you are a tripuri or i
am a bengali...you must have competitive attitude,
that´s more important, what Churls Darwin said long
back even today it is universally accepted but in a
civilized manner...

  Posted by:   Augustus  Date:   23-01-2003 Time:
03:55:55
At last Mr Michael Deb Barma has started behaving
sensibly.
Yes we do need dialogues like this to solve the
problems.It seems the media at last is inching towards
maturity (at least we now have a platform to discuss).

  Posted by:   Michael Deb Barma  Date:   22-01-2003
Time:   11:59:02
Hi to Mr./Ms. Ei Samay,

Thanks for questioning my educational background or
rather the entire Tripuri´s credibility as a nation. I
understand this fact that to the ordinary refugee
Bengalis the Tripuris as a community have no
credibility-in education, in sports, in jobs, in fact
nowhere. But why? Because they know very little of our
culture, our history, our civilization. They came from
Bangladesh yesterday although they teach us today on
Tripura history.

As far as my name is concerned, Mr./Ms. Ei Samay seems
to be living in the age which is at least 200-300
years back. My dear friend, please have a look at some
Asian countries only-no need to go to far Western
countries. So many Chinese, so many Malays,
Indonesians, Vietnamese, or rather so many Indians
have English names today. What is wrong with names?
Mr. Bruce lee too had English name, he was born in US,
but he was Chinese at heart, in his life style, in his
practice. I may have English name, but at heart I am a
Tripuri. I find my heart still in the hills of
Tripura. Having English name doesn´t indicate you are
lost to Western culture or you are Westernized.

Today Tripuris neither needs Michael culture-as
Mr./Ms. Ei Samay said(read Western) nor Benagli
culture. What we need today is the solution to the
continuous influx of refugee problem. Until and unless
this is stopped, the entire next generation is going
to face extinction.

Tripuris as such have no personal hatred against the
Benagli community. In fact, Tripura has long history
of Bengali population living side by side Tripuris.
Concern is: today in our own land we are in negligible
minority due to influx of refugees. We have lost all
political, economic power to the refugee population.
These factors have contributed to anger toward the
refugees.Make no mistake Bengalis did have great
contribution to Tripura since the Maniky times. But
the current large refugee population has only
contributed to the sufferings of both the Tripuris and
original Tripura Bengalis. Rgds Michael Deb Barma.
  Posted by:   Ei Samay  Date:   22-01-2003 Time:
08:30:18
If it is true that Mr. "Michael" Deb Barma from IIM,
then we have to change our
idea, i don´t think any IIM graduate needs such self
advertisement, the unique
student quality of IIM itself is the identity of
"IIM-graduate". His soft skill,
attitude etc are enough to tell, yes, this guy is from
IIM.
anyway, let us do some research with his Name
"Michael" Deb Barma. Why "Michael"?
Mr. DebBarm! Your name doesn´t reflect your
originality, sorry to mention here, even
today, a new born baby of Tripura knows the driving
force behind the so-called
"Michael" culture of Tripura. And the fact is, Govt.
of Tripura is spending money
to promote traditional festivals, and it is very sad
to see, very few are
participating,...question is where are the people?
They all are "Michael" today!
...and what is their culture? "Ujan Maidan"! We do
remember it Mr. DebBarma!!!
and let me tell you one thing, Bengali culture is not
only with/for bengali speaking
people, it has complete respect for all other
community also. Today (and even
in past) Tripura´s identity is not only it´s
tribe-culture (please, ignore
"Michael" culture) but also with parallel bengali
culture. This unique combination
gives us the confidence and driving force to fight
against this "Michael" group today.

  Posted by:   Augustus  Date:   22-01-2003 Time:
03:26:17
Mr Charu Das
Nobobody has stopped tribals from competing in the
open seats.If they are confident they can compete for
the open seats,prove their mettle and strive for a
better qualitry of life.How long do they expect to be
spoonfed?
  Posted by:   for mr august from Charu das  Date:
22-01-2003 Time:   00:33:26
Dear friend augustas
You are totally wrong.Consider a small example.Higher
study.Show me good REC seat for our good friends real
tripuris.Except Jamshedpur and jalandhar what seat
they get?Nothing.Otherway the bengalis are enjoying
all the things.Do you still mean tribals would have
been developed more had there been bengali rules right
from 1900 or before that?What about west bengal
then?where does it stand now?
Please try to understand the problem of daily influx
by hindu bengalis who are becoming sky-high problem
for tripura.Tripuris are no more tribals.Their
culture,noncastiest culture far better than
bengalis.Intelligent bengalis have spoiled the future
of tripura people by starting the education of tripura
in bengali medium.Now neither majority of people can
go out of state for job nor minority due to major
language problem.You should not only concentrate on
tripura history.You shd concentrate on the development
work also.What these RSS and VHP are targetting
now?Only muslims migrants never hindu migrants.The
same case stands for pakistanis also.

  Posted by:   non refugee bengali  Date:   20-01-2003
Time:   21:11:27
what mr. michael debbarma has said is not wrong
totally . tripura was a much happier and peaceful
state till 1970´s too till the refugees started coming
in .it became complicated since the pouring of these
bangladeshi refugees started they not only polluted
our minds but also spoiled the society so i request
all the tripuraites to fight against this flow and
save the state
  Posted by:   Augustus  Date:   19-01-2003 Time:
09:48:09
This is in reply to Michael Deb Barma´s venomous
outburst against the Bengali population of Tripura.Mr
Deb Barma claims to have received education from the
topmost institutions in India, and yet he can not
think in an openminded way,shedding parochialism.He
has not been able to point out any specific way the
Bengalis have harmed the Tripuris.He has cited the
times when Tripura was a princely state.He has said
that the state was developed even then.Probably he
needs a refresher course in history.The Maharajas of
Tripura had only undertaken to develop a handful of
towns in Tripura.The rail heads were in Tripura,but
the tracks lay in the erstwhile East Bengal.Had they
taken enough measure to develop the entire
state,tribals today would have been far more
developed.Just to remind Mr Deb barma,The Maharajas
were tribals and not Bengalis.Through this message
board I shall keep updating Mr Deb Barma about such
lessons of history,which probably he has forgotten
after his stint abroad.
  Posted by:   Michael Deb Barma  Date:   19-01-2003
Time:   04:10:16
Hi,
I would like to comment on Mr. Icecandyman´s 4 points
- one by one. It´s so ridiculous to see this kind of
but the Tripura Bengalis´ age-old chauvinism, belief
and false pride that the Tripuris developed this much
just becasue of the blessings of the Bengalis, else
Tripuris would have been living in the STONE age even
now.

1. Tripura without Bongs majority would have been 100
times more developed than it´s today. All the central
funds allocated for Tripura would have not been spent
on the refugees well-beings. Rather it would have been
utilized for Tripuris development. The current account
deficit and budget deficit that Tripura Govt currently
has , would have diasppeared completely. With its vast
natural resources and no sign of militancy, Tripura
would have economically become strong and
self-sufficient.

2.Tripuris and Bengalis lived happily earlier because
those Bengalis then were from Tripura; they were NOT
refugess from Bangaldesh. In earlier times, smarter
bengalis always fooled around the simple-minded
Tripuris which the Tripuris couldn´t realize they were
being fooled. Today we can´t live happily together
because Tripuris are awaken now and know Bengalis
trick and tactics of fooling them.

3. Tripuris never need this shit thing called ,
reservation. I am a Tripuri and I went to study
engineering with my own merit and excelled in
engineering too. I went to IIM for my Post Graduation
and excelled there too in my MBA. Today, I am working
with top notch multi-national company in Australia.
This is NOT by that shit thing called, Indian
reservation system that I am here with the
multi-national company. Mind you, MNCs don´t have
reservation for STs the way Bengalis have blessed the
Tripuris with reservation in Tripura. Let the
reservations go off today and Tripuris can challenge
in any field with Tripura bengalis-whether in sports,
in academics, in any field. The real problem why
Tripuris need reservation today is because Bengalis
are in majority and by sheer numbers they would occupy
all seats-in jobs, in engg, in medical. Reservation
for Tripuri is there--NOT because Tripuris are less
intelligent. (Note: Mr. icecandyman, do you knwo what
IIM means? It´s Indian Institute of Management- a
place for hard working and intelligent students where
they are groomed to be the best future managers. Real
hard place to be. No place for reservation, mind you).

4. Tripura´s infrastucture during the Manikya time was
much good or even better, for your kind information.
Tripura had railways and airport for outside
connection. As far as roads are concerned, no NE state
had good road during 1940s. After India´s independence
when the NE joined India, anyway Indian government was
developing roads for the NE. SO whether Bengalis are
there or NOT, Tripuras infrastucture would have been
the same or better. Tripura government spends so much
money currently on feeding those useless state
government Bengali refugee employees. That money would
have been used for developing roads and electricity.
Mind you, during Indira Gandhi´s time, she made it a
point for "Roti Kapda aur Makaan". SO whether Bengalis
were in Tripura or not, India Gandhi´s programme would
have been implemented in Tripura. Understand, India´s
Five Year Plan programme happened and implemented in
Tripura too, NOt beacuse Bengalis are here. This would
have been implemented anyway in Tripura because
Tripura is part of India.

At last but not the least, make no mistake this fact
that Tripuris get NO blessings from tripura refugee
Bongs. The overflooding of refugees into Tripura has
given our motherland much curse and sufferings. Today
or tomorrow every Tripuri must get rid of this curse
and sufferings-whichever means we have to take.

Rgds Michael Deb Barma
Perth, Australia
  Posted by:   Manik Barman,IIT KGP  Date:
18-01-2003 Time:   10:48:58
Hello,
I am targetting to the Adminstrator, you appoint a
editor to edit the massages /sugessions put by the
viewer. First you edit,then allow the massages to be
published.
I am observing here lots of massages are not related
to the given topics, but with some ugly sense and
slang words.
Thats all.
  Posted by:   for icecandy man  Date:   18-01-2003
Time:   06:57:01
Great!you guy shd be the CEO and CTO of tripura to
uplift the state.
  Posted by:   RC  Date:   17-01-2003 Time:   19:23:23

I am really happy to see that the site gets so many
hits,earlier there used to be one person saying all
rubbish stuff.Good!!Tripurainfo.
What i feel is that we are moving away from the whole
point of ´Tripura as a state progressing or not´-how
would media help here;not if bengalis are ahead or who
wins the race.I think every tripurite should have the
equal ammount of feelings for the state as we always
had.In anycase, the rest of India looks upon the
entire north eastern states in a different note,here
if we also react in a similar way then what media are
we talking about,there won´t be any people left to
join the media.Everybody is interested in other stuff.

Though a small state of Tripura, we have tons of
problems that we only understand.Taking a small eg,how
media can be strong enough for the people;natural
beauty is in abundance but no tourism industry
flourishes,why? we know the ans.can some one do
anything as a common person,we can atleast voice our
grieveances against the govt thru the media.The role
of media is not only to report who is being murdered
and killed etc,but to build up the state as a whole.I
don´t think so media is that dumb that it knows no way
to get the voice of common people heard to the
govt.They have to find out ways and means how to do it
and am sure people are there to support.But do we have
that kind of a fraternity of journalist´s who really
want to do something or everybody somewhere or the
other is overtaken by the system.I see someone sitting
in Perth, Australia, i ask this gentleman,what is the
kind of system of relating incidents to the common
masses in Austrlia,isn´t it so that they make you feel
as if everything is your own and every incident
somewhere or the other values individual
person,weather it is drought,lack of gas, simple thing
as swiming etc.
Tell me if they can do it why can´t we, there is no
rocket science involved.Here there is no question of
technology but how we channelise our thoughts and
present.
Media can change the face of the state but we must
have that urge to do it.I hope all the various
channels of media in tripura is listening.
  Posted by:   MANIK BARMAN  Date:   17-01-2003 Time:
 12:40:31
TRIPURAINFO.COM IS A GREAT TOOL IN SPREADING THE NEWS
OF THE STATE TO THE STUDENTS STAYING OUTSIDE THE
STATE. I FEEL PROUD TO SHOW ALL MY FRIENDS THAT WE
HAVE AN WEBSITE IN OUR STATE WHICH IS BECOMING ONE OF
THE GROWING WEBSITE IN INDIA.
  Posted by:   icecandyman  Date:   14-01-2003 Time:
10:46:33
This message board is getting heavy on non-bengali
sentiments et al. I would like to put a few crooked
fact straight,

Infiltration is a problem in Tripura, agreed. But then
in many a ways, it´s a boon in disguise. I am a
bengali, born and brought up in Dharmanagar(
ancestors, yes from bangladesh) and feel my myself a
tripurite as much as anyone can feel. Bengalis has
provided a perfect ballance to Tripura and despite of
many odds have excelled and tried to make tripura a
better place to live. Now the boons,

1. Think, tripura without the bongs. It would be in a
state of bliss, but perhaps lagging by a 100 years
from outside world. (Unfortunately we are still a good
20 years lagging from other states in India, the
credit goes to all those mushrooming non-sense
terrorist organisations)

2. I have seen in my childhood, that tribals and
bengalis were living a life of perfect harmony, though
bongs were in commanding position purely based on
merit. Tribals were also benefitted, they were happy.

3. All those diaspora voices that we are hearing in
the message board malligning the bongs, should have to
admit that, just because bongs were there they have
reached to certain position and excelled professionaly
in the outer world. They were silver spooned, with
reservations with them. take out the reservation, they
might not get a chance to study in any third graded
college in india.

3. The infrastructure, system and education in Tripura
has progressed under the tutelege of so called
immigrants.

None the less, spewing venoms against the bong won´t
help. Give a chance to the much maligned media to
cover the finer aspects of tripura rather than the
customery news of kidnap, killing and ambushes. The
more the divide, more the hatred, implying that
tribals in bengali dominated area(more developed too)
and vice-versa will find it impossible to co-exist,
which will hit the tribal fraternity more than
anything.

Are you listening????
  Posted by:   SWKANG DEBBARMA  Date:   07-01-2003
Time:   09:23:02
MEDIA IN TRIPURA IS ACOMMUNAL TOUCHED.I WOULD LIKE TO
COMMENTS IS THAT,THE ROLE OF MEDIA IN TRIPURA ALWAYS
BRING DIVIDE AND ROLE POLICY AMONG THE TRIPURI
PEOPLE.WE TRIPURI,WE LOVE TWIPRA.NO ONE CAN DIVIDE
US,UNITY IS OUR STRENTHG.
DELHI-54.
  Posted by:   SWKANG DEBBARMA  Date:   07-01-2003
Time:   09:16:43
MEDIA IN TRIPURA IS ACOMMUNAL TOUCHED.I WOULD LIKE TO
COMMENTS IS THAT,THE ROLE OF MEDIA IN TRIPURA ALWAYS
BRING DIVIDE AND ROLE POLICY AMONG THE TRIPURI
PEOPLE.WE TRIPURI,WE LOVE TWIPRA.NO ONE CAN DIVIDE
US,UNITY IS OUR STRENTHG.
DELHI-54.
  Posted by:   Mr. Debbarma  Date:   01-01-2003 Time:
 00:13:48
Mr augustus must be more ashamed of himself.
Forget about all the discriminisation and nepotism the
authority act as,just imagine whether anybody of
bengali commmunity ever introduce themselves as
tripuri like their counterpart living in orissa and
assam?
For another example,how many police station you can
show me inside the nonbengali dominated area before
1980?Doesn´t it mean that all the time and again the
govt is trying to protect only bengalis but never
nonbengalis from all antisocial elements....Isn´t it a
anti kokborok speaking rules and regulations of the
administrators and govt?
Have you ever investigated how many innocent tripuris
were tortured and arrested after 1980 riots?
Whenever we go to study in agartala,we are first of
called "Paira"(one who lives in hilly area) which is
,much more hatred than the whites towards the
black...I even faced hundreds of harrassment by such
people whenever I approached any office in
tripura....Are you ever concerned about it.
How many area in non bengali living place you can show
a proper drinking water supply?In fact tripura is not
bigger than one district of other state of the
country...why is not possible to do when the questions
come for non bengali?

Pennstate
USA

  Posted by:   Michael Deb Barma  Date:   27-12-2002
Time:   11:47:27
Hi All,
Nice to see so many comments coming out on this. I am
no media expert to comment on much on Tripura media.
But as an ordinary Tripuri whenever I go home, I see
the local bengali newspapers all full of communal
news, comments and columns. Newspapers seem to behave
as if they are read by the Bengalis ONLY and hence
they are almost anti-Tripuri. They seem to be playing
Divide-and-Rule policy among the different Tripuri
clans-inciting Jamatias against Deb Barmas(latest
craze among newspapers being full of praises for the
Jamatia Hoda organization), reminding Reangs about Deb
Barma Kings´ "atrocities" on them etc. etc., besides,
of course, inciting the Bengalis ,
directly/indirectly, against the Tripuris. This kind
of media behavior is definitely in consonant with the
main national media-both English and regional
languages. The media in Tripura must understand that
Tripuris are no more to be played by, the way they
used to be treated 20 years back. Tripuris today are
as much outside world oriented as Bengalis are. They
are everywhere in this world-as software engineers, as
students, as doctors, they live everywhere. And hence
media must play critical rule to foster communal
harmony and the concept of living together peacefully
among communities. As everybody says, Tripuris and
Bengalis must live together for economic development
of this state and hence, the media must play important
role in this direction. Hope when I go home next time,
I see some improvement in the quality of Tripura media
content.
Rgds Michael Deb Barma
Perth, Australia
  Posted by:   Augustus  Date:   27-12-2002 Time:
01:59:27
Mr Debbarma should be ashamed of himself.Can he define
the term Tripuri?Are not Bengalis a part of
Tripura?What does he think?Though he is right in
saying that infiltration is a problem,why should he
point out at Non Muslim Bengalis?
  Posted by:   S.debbarma  Date:   26-12-2002 Time:
23:20:43
MEDIA in tripura?
Whats that?Dainik sambad or tripura darpan?
Damn,they are all the speakers communalism and no
different from modi and togadia.Is media ever
concerned about the infiltration of the nonmuslim
bengalis from bangladesh are the main reason for
terrorism and poverty in tripura?
I may be too communal if I say so.But don´t the non
tripuris feel the same?
  Posted by:   R.Ghosh  Date:   25-12-2002 Time:
03:12:05
The media in Tripura has largely failed to live upto
its task.It has grossly ignored the smalller
towns(especially North Tripura) and focussed mostly on
Agartala.As a result of this callousness on the part
of the media,corruption and social crimes are on the
rise.Infiltration across the border is another
menace.All these could have been countered more
effectively,had the media been a little more alert.
  Posted by:   NRC  Date:   23-12-2002 Time:
11:42:50
MEDIA RELATION
M- MEDIUM
E-ECHONOMICAL
D-DIMENSIONS
I-IDEA GENERATIONS
A-AVENGERS
According to me this should be the full form of
media.But if we count how much of the defination is
full filled i dont know.sitting from far away distance
and giving lectures is not the duty of media.every
body is well aware about the role played by the media
no body has a question about it.Nothing will be gained
by blaming the media cause MEDIA will potray what is
happening.
In a small State like tripura where there is no hope
and that is the bitter truth media is playing a big
role.The only daily which is gaining is DAINIK SAMVAD
rest all the news papers a trying hard to compit.
where Ndtv has been discusssed i hardly find any news
about tripura rather much about tripura is covered in
E-TV. And one thing N.D.TV COVERS WHERE THERE IS NEWS
THERE no chance of something which is not in the
news.for instance both kashmir and tripura has
insurgency problem every one knows why and for what
kashmir is much talked about.
we all have to accept that tripura is economically
,geographically back ward but literacy rate is quite
high, so we should not discourage who wants to pursue,
where ever he gets chance.Today in tripura people in
the politics are the person who is econimically stable
how and why every body know,
Now why media is not into that because handling media
is a dirty bussiness and falling with the politician
is dirtier.
personally being a P.R.O(PURSUING)I HAVE TO HANDLE
media relations.trus the they will hbardly let you
down.
But according to my opinion staying 4years away from
home,while writing iam still in delhi,whenever i come
home i feel condition in tripura is detroiting ,coming
home is really a pleasure i want to do some thing i
want to start some thing in tripura but whenever i go
home i feel there is nothing to start with.
why this is so no one knows.
  Posted by:   Haimanti Chakraborty  Date:
16-12-2002 Time:   01:11:02
India Media today is very big and very important,media
in Tripura can change the face of this state
but,unfortunately I don´t think we have that kind of
journalist´s who really really want to do
something.Somewhere or the other even the younger
generation is also giving up in contributing.I am not
saying that because it is easy to say but I am also in
the same profession.Of course there is the "brain
drain"most of the people from agartala are in US
everybody wants to get out of the state.
We have our own set of problems but there should be
some force to pull that up which is no where
visible.Media in Tripura can take a step forward and
do a great job. We can see today how NDTV is working
and learn from them.NDTV is´No Foreigner´,very much
Indian.Today, a lot depends upon the media.
  Posted by:     Date:   15-12-2002 Time:   17:59:24
I think dainik sambad is doing a great job in tripura.
they are playing a big role in the society but
sometimes they too twist the stories . people of
tripura have a lot of faith on this newspapaer so i
wish they will do justice with the facts and call
spade a spade
  Posted by:   R.D. BARMAN  Date:   15-12-2002 Time:
03:53:27
SIR, MY MESSAGE IS THAT THE DUTY OF THE PRESS R TO
PLAY A VERY IMPORTANT ROLE BUT
WHAT I SEE IN TRIPURA, IT IS VERY DIFFERENT.
THEY R VERY COMMUNAL N DON´T MIND THEY ALWAYS TWIST
THE TRUE STORY.OFTEN TRUE INCIDENTS GO UN REPORTED.
  Posted by:   Subham  Date:   04-12-2002 Time:
00:30:51
Through this media I want to help the people who
always feel the need for financial security, fullfill
their families dream.. If you want so feel free to
contact me at subha_ch_in at yahoo.com ... I have changed
my life I can change yours too...if u want..