[Reader-list] interesting film- screening

lush inkk lushinkk at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 23 16:40:33 IST 2003

a film i liked- a first film, i think well worth seeing..hansa A FEW THINGS I KNOW ABOUT HER (Documentary/ 30 mins / 35mm/ Col / English Subtitles)  Mirabai is a cultural icon and her images and stories swamp our popular culture. The conflicts expressed in her poetry however, do not always tally with popularly held beliefs. The film explores some of these contradictions. We discover some alternate traditions of Mira and form a personal connection with the 'rebel mystic', who lived some 500 years ago. We travel from the towns and villages of Rajasthan to the vast desert, in search of Mira. The people we meet have been living with Mira in different ways and in the telling of her story, they often tell us their own. Fragments of history, legend and memory permeate the film. And always there is Mira singing for us in various voices.  Director :Anjali Panjabi Script :Paromita Vohra Camera :Mrinal Desai Editor: Jabeen Merchant Sound: Arun Nambiar Narration: Lovleen Mishra Producer Films Division