[Reader-list] Your message to reader-list awaits moderator approval

Jeebesh Bagchi jeebesh at sarai.net
Mon Jan 20 14:04:37 IST 2003

dear Sid,

Reader-list is not a moderated list. It is a subscriber based list. i.e only
subscribed email addresses can post.

Posting are held if they are from email accounts that are not subscribed to
the list. In the period of this `wait` Mailman (our list manager) sends in a
machine generated response to the list-admin and the `poster`. Mailman also
provides for some keywords based spam filters.

All lists get a very high number of spams from a diverse sources. Thus the
need for spam protecting filters.

Regarding this specific wording of the response from Mailman, we will need to
look into the database of the possible responces and see how it is structured
and worded.

best
Jeebesh