[Reader-list] Your message to reader-list awaits moderator approval

Monica Narula monica at sarai.net
Wed Jan 22 15:02:40 IST 2003

Dear All

This confusion has happened before, and maybe i should add a caveat
in the welcome email that people get when they join the list: "This
is not a moderated list, but the software mailman checks for certain
kinds of email and holds on to some until the list admin can get to
them. These include email that have too many cc and bcc (to stop
spam), email that are abour subscription and unsubsription (so that
all the list members do not have to get bored by that kind of thing)
as well as those which it considers (in my experience till now)
"explicit". however, since this is an 'off the shelf' software, we
have no idea why it picks on the some it does."

and the fact that i have been stuck in transit due to delhi fog has
made sure that i couldnt get to this before. however, happy reading
all. (FYI, just finished admin and saw that of 11 mails, 4 were spam
for assistance, and 5 were virus emails...)

best
Monica
List admin

Monica Narula