[Reader-list] What Really Happened and other stuffs (?)

Sanjay Bhangar sanjayb at hotpop.com
Tue Jan 28 15:56:07 IST 2003

heya,
Its always a strange moment ending your period of lurking on a list, and I tend to always have to deal with a sense of apprehension, but what the hell, the time has come, and this is one of the better lists...
To reply to a small posting mentioning the site www.whatreallyhappened.com - I must admit, I'm an addict to this site and some sites like this - the site has been running for around 9 years, and I think pre-Sept. 11th dealt with volumes of information on the standard milleu of conspiracy theory, though the stuff in there was extremely interesting - after Sept. 11th, its just become a beauty - the guy updates the site every day (or twice a day) with 15-20 links to articles from all over the web (maintream to alternative to conspiracy) - he does over-emphasize and sometimes jumps the gun perhaps on the ever-controversial topic of Israel, Jewish Control, bla bla, but if theres a site thats bloody well researched, categorizes, updated, etc. its this - if, like me, you guys have daily surf cycles, add this site to it NOW - and especially NOW, it has perhaps the most timely news about the war on Iraq and protests against it...
Since I'm on the topic of daily surf cycles and such-like, and rather enjoying my decision to quit lurking...
www.unknownnews.net - similar to whatreallyhappened in that it updates frequently, and links to articles from all over the web - has an interesting discussion board, and tends to be a lot more "fun" than other alternative sites with lots of links to quirky/strange sites and news articles - esp. check out the mystery links section, sometimes an insight to the truly ridiculous underbelly of the internet...
www.gnn.tv - Guerrila News Network - just extremely extremely sweet if you have a nice fast internet connection and can watch some of their fabulous movie (?) clips - reelly, they are a MUST see.
some other random stuff:
www.unansweredquestions.org - perhaps the nicest organization of unanswered questions regarding Sept. 11th, should any of you'll be into things like this : ), formed by a wide citizens coalition, including some families of victims and such-like..
www.whitehouse.org - one of the best parody sites in existence, i think, you must go here - i'd like to define this as "tactical media" tho I dont know wether it disrespects them more or the term "tactical media" - do check out the "War on Masturbation", hell, if we're gonna get blown up, it might as well happen while we're laughing our asses off.
www.crimethinc.com - i must inject little anarchist manifestoes into all emails that I send. absolutely fabulous writings up here, as well as tips on vandalism and other forms of "tactical media". And my other little duty thing is trying to get people to read this particular article which I tend to like, its called "Your Politics Are Boring As Fuck" - http://www.crimethinc.com/library/yourpoli.html
ooo almost forgot - www.iraqjournal.org - regular reports and info coming out of independent journalists in Iraq and not... great, great base for Iraq and will probably get more and more pertinent as we lead up to the war (?)(*1).
www.humourisdead.com - another humour/parody site which sometimes has good and cutting political humour - working on the premise that reality has gotten more absurd than any parody - is a site thats worth looking at because again, it deals with politics extremely well, being strongly political and informative, while being absurdly humorous, all at the same time too...
Since I've put in so many sites, a little self-advertising couldn't hurt - http://holychao.diaryland.com - just some crap i sometimes write, mostly bad poetry and teenage angst - eiww.

oh, if theres anyone out there who'd be interested in trying to work on some crazy parody/humour site about Indian politics and hindutva and such-like, drop me a line, it might be fun, I do tend to get pretty absurd tho.

take care people,
Sanjay

footnote:
*1=A war is when two sides fight. Anything else is a massacre.