[Reader-list] Attention please!

Anamika Bhatnagar zipzap_2k at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 12 17:17:41 IST 2003

Hi to everyone on the reader list

I am a final year student of MA Mass Communication
from AJK Mass Communication Research Centre, Jamia
Millia Islamia. As part of my course, I am making my
final degree film on issues concerning women’s rights
and the feminist movement. My film deals with the
silence of metropolitan public on issues of crime,
molestation and harassment against women. It aims to
explore the aspects of why the people have actively
chosen to stay silent on such grose and disturbing
incidents. There is a dearth of active public
intervention and concern and increasingly it is
becoming a part of our regular day to day lives. As
part of the narrative structure of the film I am
dealing with two diametrically opposite case studies,
the MAMC rape case and Sunita Chaddha’s killing.

As of now, I am looking for reading material, guidance
in terms of research and content development for this
film. The script is still being developed and I would
like to share it with all those who are even remotely
interested in this subject. I think that the more one
discusses and shares about issues such as the one
above, it helps one to enrich his/her understanding
and grasp over the issues under concern. Therefore I
would strongly encourage all of you who subscribe to
the reader list to correspond, contribute, write to me
about what you think of the two issues or if you would
like to know more about my film. I am also looking for
guidance in terms of research material, videotapes,
archival footage or people who have been involved with
this issue or the two cases in either personal or
professional capacity. I would encourage you all to
feel free and correspond with me on this issue.

Thank you all so much for all the time and interest
Anamika Bhatnagar