[Reader-list] nexum atm

ricardo miranda zuniga ricardo at ambriente.com
Sun Jul 13 23:43:00 IST 2003

Hi Sarai folk,
I'm spreading the word on a new project that I've been working on, NEXUM
ATM, it's both an interactive installation and a web site, please check it out when
you get a chance:

http://www.nexumatm.us/

The installation will be on view at the Bronx Museum through Sept. 28th, as part
of the AIM23 exhibition.  The opening is on Wed. July 16th from 6:30-8:30 pm.  If
you're in NYC please stop by, you can find directions to the museum at:
http://www.bxma.org/

NEXUM ATM, an interactive video piece in the form of an ATM, presents a histoy
of US global imperialism toward ten small and largely poor countries.  The ten
countries represent a history of imperialism dating back to the 1820's to the
present.  Nexum is the latin word meaning getting out of debt through slavery.

Accompanying the physical ATM is a web site:

http://www.nexumatm.us/

The site is informational depository to contest the actions of the Bush
administration by presenting information and links toward civil mobilization.  The
site features an atlas of intervention, the Nexum Anthem, interviews with
individuals concerning the US's global status...

ricardo

p.s. In september look for a second ATM installed at a free public location in
NYC.