[Reader-list] teen betiyon ke bad beta

rakesh rakesh at sarai.net
Tue May 27 16:07:47 IST 2003

Friends

I reside in Lancers Road in the neighbourhood of Delhi University. It is a
middle class colony, mainly the central Govt. employees are there. Last
Wednessday when I returned to my home I saw there was huge pandal in the
colony, a lavish party was going on. Since my wife had her L LM paper next
morning and it was very difficult for her to concentrate her last moment
study. So, we asked our neighbour that by what time the party will be over.
You know what was the reply, "are yeh abhi thode na band karenge. Teen-teen
betiyon ke bad beta hua hai, badi mannat ke bad kahin jakar yeh ladka hua
hai, aaj to sari rat chalegi yeh party." Finally, switching off the light was
the last alternative and we did the same.