[Reader-list] SURVEY QUESTIONS

Aman Malik amanmalik000 at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 3 00:33:15 IST 2004

Hi all,
The following are the questions that I wish to put forth to Internet users as part of my ongoing study on parallel lives that people lead on and off the Internet
 I'd be obliged if you could kindly turn in the answers by the 7th Aug (latest). Pleaes do let me have a short bio of yourself as I might have to quote you in my final study. Also please be as descriptive in answering the questions as you possibly can be.

Thanks & Regards,
Aman Malik
New Delhi

How much time do you usually spend on the Internet each day on an average?

If you think you spend more time online than an average person in your peer group, what reasons do you attribute to this?

What are your activities on the Internet? (Activities that have no direct bearing on your work)

Have your activities online been cathartic? Do you get a sense of relief in some manner, after you have spent sometime online?

Are you addicted to the Internet? Do you miss the Net if on a certain day you cannot manage to get onto it?

If you engage in commercial activities online (buying books, CD's and other such stuff) what is your usual mode of payment? In your opinion, is your mode of payment a safe option?

What is the most 'weird' thing that you have done on the Internet?

What do you think of the following activities on the internet.

a)      Internet chat

b)      Blogging

c)      Cyber Activism

d)      Cyber Dating

e)      Pornography

How often do you indulge in such activities, if at all?

How democratic a medium do you really think Cyberspace is? Can it ever become an effective alternative to the real world?