[Reader-list] first report, Madarsa's of Delhi, A Study about the instiutes of Taliban.

sallykenin at yahoo.com sallykenin at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 2 19:29:04 IST 2004

Hi and Hello dear friends,
 I am a new and proud member of this prestigious
readers list

   My name is ………………Salahuddin.
   I have been  working  as freelance journalist  in
New Delhi, India,

 Presently working on a research proposal supported by
 Sarai, which is about the  Madarsa’s of Delhi. The
name of the proposal is  Delhi Ke Madarson  Ki  Ek
Jhalak[ a glimps of Delhi’s Madarsas].

 I am a graduate in Arabic literature and there after
have completed my masters in Mass communication from
MCRC Jamia, New Delhi 25.

DELHI KE MADARSON KI EK JHALK.
As the name suggest the research is ;basically, about
the Madarsas of Delhi, Madarsa is an Arabic world
which  means school.  They are generally  minority
institute where religious education is provided. The
students of  these institute are generally called
Taliban.  Madarasa allover the subcontinent are
functioning almost the same way, so discovery about
Delhi Madarsas will present a broad picture of these
particular minority institute spread all over the
country, but we will mainly focus on Delhi. In Indian
context its really interesting to know that Delhi was
the first place where a Madarsa took place first time
in Sultanait dynasty.

After the 11 September attack on Twins tower in the
U.S.A.  the discussions and dialogue about terrorism
Taliban, fundamentalism and Madarsas are  getting more
and more  space day by day among the world community,
there are many notions about these religious
institutes.
In India there are three common school of thought
about these institutes, one is totally against of
these institutes, and says there is no use of these
Madarsas in the modern society, the other group says
no, they are useful but need to be reformed,  but the
last group of Ulamas and Maulana’s  consider any kind
intervention in Madarsas unnecessary  and reject any
kind of modernizations of Madarsas .
Apart from these discourses there r so many other
things related to madarsas which need to be come out
openly before the common people.

 All over the subcontinent Muslims  are very much
influence by the Madarsa culture ,weather consciously
our unconsciously, but most of them are  also actually
unaware of the whole Madarsa business.

  Now there are so many things to be discovered like,
 What is  teaching methods of Madarsa education? Who
are the student[ Talibans]?What they gain from
Madasas? Highlights of  their particular
culture[Madarsa culture?] how they live and what are
the restriction impose on the Taliban? How  are  these
talibans?

How they function? What is the purpose of these
institutes? Weather they contribute any thing to the
modern culture and life?
There is growing concern among the Malouna and Muslim
community  and they feel afraid of these day today
developments regarding there religious intitutes.
 We all know what is happening around the world  today
regarding Madarsa, Islam and fundamentalism, in this
scenario research about Madarsas is  really full of
interest.

These and these kind of many other questions will be
explored through our research. .
To accomplish our research we have to visit the
Madras’s again and again and talk widely to the people
around, students [Tailbanes] teachers, and the
principal of the various Madras’s situated all over
the Delhi.  Apart from this we have to interview the
people of different organization who have already done
lots of work in Madras’s, and have done their own
services etc.

In this regard we have been visiting the famous and
large Madras’s of Delhi for last two weeks and have
gathered lots of information which has its own
dimensions, we have also met few scholars who have
done lots of work to reform Madras’s education and few
of those who are totally against of any reform.

But all this is not enough .We have to do a lot to
collect comprehensive information and for that lots of
time is required, how they live and how they behave?
what is their living stander and discipline standers?
These are few important aspects  for which we have to
be there for  some time to observe the reality. Right
now instead of visiting the Madarsas we are
concentrating on  the literature of Madarsa history
and its ethos.

When Madarsas  are full of students [Talibans]
teachers [molavyees and maolanas] then it creates
totally different atmosphere, which will be good to
click their pictures  too, so day by day we  are our
level best to get all kind material which could
provide a good and well information about the
Madarsas.

No doubt till now whatever we have done  has been
successful and there is so much  to discover ahead so
we will keep that process up an what ever we will get
keep u mailing with the progress report .
 I request to my dear friends that if u have any
query, doubt , or confusion  please ask me, I will
try to come with the requirement ,at the same time  I
request u please let me know if any of u have any
information or any thing u can contribute  to the
research.

All my friend are invited  for open discussion  on the
same topic too.

 Thanks

  Salahuddin