[Reader-list] Fwd: From Fire into the furnace, review of film 'Girlfriend'

shivam zest_india at yahoo.co.in
Wed Jun 16 17:34:48 IST 2004

I agreewith much of what Ms Tejal Shah writes in the
Mid Day review, but I don't understand why she has a
problem with Girlfriend's character becoming a lesbian
because of child sexual abuse. Isn't that possible?

I have found that while homosexuality is a very
important issue in intellectual circles, I wonder why
this disdain and indifference towards child sexual
abuse. There's a book called "Bitter Chocolate: Child
Sexual Abuse in India" by Pinki Virani in which she
writes that homosexuals sometimes abuse children with
the purpose of making them homosexuals.

Regards,
Shivam

 --- Sappho for Equality <sappho1999 at rediffmail.com>