[Reader-list] 3rd srishti posting

Poonam Bir Kasturi pbkasturi at usermail.com
Tue May 25 19:07:36 IST 2004

Our third posting since we
started work on the Sarai Fellowship.

We are finding that "to provoke" and to "inform" is all easy to imagine
but seriously  - does it really really help?
Is change gradual and gentle and uncontrollable or is it
immediate?

Anyway, looking at the Karnataka IT directory on CD rom and
the hard copy that comes with it, and looking at other guides like
the Bangalore Active Citizenship guide we feel that we like the
quilt approach. Its lighter and consolidated without being
preachy.

Also every decision is now being checked against the Bangalore reality
or the Bangalore context is layered onto the debate or point that
needs to be communicated. This has helped bring a coherence
to the sessions we all have had - otherwise the vastness of the
whole thing can be scary.

Tanushree, Radha and Kaniyka are onto creating visuals and we
are refining the cover of the print version of the Eco-source at the
moment.

Anyone travelling in Bangalore is most welcome to see the work
so far - and give use feedback

srishti team