[Reader-list] 2nd posting from srishti team

Poonam Bir Kasturi pbkasturi at usermail.com
Tue May 25 19:07:35 IST 2004

Our second posting since we
started work on the Sarai Fellowship.

work is happening at a slow pace, but things are emerging nevertheless.
we have a new person Radha Chanchani (radhas_postbox at yahoo.com) a student of
architecture who has joined us in our efforts to come up with a pilot for
the eco directory, if we could please add her to this group.
by august we would be presenting this PIlot.
three students have randomly picked on three eco products respectively
namely solar water heater, Compressed Earth Blocks (CBEs) and milk packets
and are trying to compelete the product cycles starting with queries such as
how can i? what is? where does this go? etc...
stories, experiences, problems, facts gathered en route will then be
represented visually in such a way that reflects connectedness and being a
part of a city. this perhaps is the big challenge and something we spend
time brainstorming and sketching on.this process shall then feed into the
eco directory in what do we see the  directory to hold and how must we see
what it contains in order to communicate this very feeling arising from a
fact.

the second group tackling home waste management have decided to use focus
groups to collect some
data and then create a plan of which are they would like to tackle first.

as far as the compost bin prototype is concerned, the product and process
has been selected for the Biela  exhibition coming up this october in
France, so by then we have to finish the work on it, finalize the design,
test it and patent it.

sorry for the delay in posting

srishti team