[Reader-list] Re: Agent Gmail

Shivam shivamvij at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 19:52:29 IST 2004

Dear Captain,
I don't understand how the privacy issue should be worrying. As far as
ads go, I find Gmail less intrusive than Yahoo! and Hotmail, or the
big spammers that some Indian email services like Rediffmail and
Indiatimes are. Gmail's brand value has no doubt taken a beating - it
had to, and Monica's delightful mail about the "invitations" that
never cease to arrive in your account is illustrative of how Gmail has
gone overboard with the "invitations" strategy. Despite all that, the
reason I use Gmail is that it's better than any other mail service I
have used. Conversations, archiving, the automatic address book system
- it all helps me a lot. As I discovered the many ways in which Gmail
was improving my mail experience, I marvelled at the genius of the
people who made it. So who cares about brand value?
Thanks
Shivam