[Reader-list] Happy New Sindhi Year

Anand Vivek Taneja radiofreealtair at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 13:11:20 IST 2005

it would be interesting to take this beyond cynical sniping into an
informed discussion on calendars, and real and mythological 'times'
and their passing; and the disaporic connection to 'time' in the era
of climate change, and the 'global' prevalence of the gregorian
calendar.

amartya sen had an interesting piece on various indian calendars in
one of the fist few issues of the little magazine.

i too, would be interested in knowing about the Zambian New Year. Or
rather, what those we call 'Zambians' think of 'New' and Year', among
other things...

On Apr 12, 2005 12:20 PM, Shivam Vij <shivamvij at gmail.com> wrote:
> Oh yes, of course, thanks! April 13, no? Happy Punjabi New Year,
> whatever that means! Tell all Punjabis to celebrate in their inherited
> (or mythical, if geographically partitioned) agricultural lands. Wear
> only yellow, eat khicdi. And let me know when the Zambian New Year is.
> Shivam
>
> On Apr 12, 2005 12:09 PM, Aman Malik <aman.malik at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Punjabi new year is on Baisakhi...
>
> > On Apr 12, 2005 9:31 AM, Shivam Vij <shivamvij at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > But I am not a Sindhi. And when is the Punjabi new year?
> > > Shivam

> --
> "I may not agree with what you say, but I shall defend to death your
> right to say it." - Voltaire
> http://www.bloglines.com/blog/Shivam

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, because you are crunchy and
taste good with ketchup.
http://www.synchroni-cities.blogspot.com/