[Reader-list] DASTANGOI PERFORMANCE-IIC 4TH MAY

mahmood farooqui mahmoodfarooqui at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 22 11:47:39 IST 2005

Dear All,

We are trying to devise a Dastangoi performance. The
first attempt is on at the IIC at the 4th May at 6.30
pm. Obviously, as modern actors, we are wholly
ill-equipped to use our voices in the manner that the
Dastangos of yore could do it. Still, one would like
to find out what it was that could make Emperor 'Akbar
cry like a child' or make the poet Ghalib feel he had
attained heaven because 'it is raining, he has
six-volumes of Dastans with him and a few bottles of
wine, what more could he want.'

Do come.

MF