[Reader-list] Zen & the BJP, Prashant Pandey

Prashant Pandey prashantpandey10 at rediffmail.com
Mon Apr 25 18:29:38 IST 2005

i have taken a short break from my research on the Bollywood song, offering you some twisted digressions; here is my remix version of a Zen Story. Now pay attention,every word matters in a Zen story.

Just Go to Sleep

Pramod was sitting at the bedside of Atal three days before his teacher's passing. Atal had already chosen him as his successor.

A mosque recently had burned and Pramod was busy rebuilding the structure. Atal asked him: "What are you going to do when you get the temple rebuilt?"

"When your sickness is over we want you to speak there," said Pramod.

"Suppose I do not live until then?"

"Then we will get someone else," replied Pramod.

"Suppose you cannot find anyone?" continued Atal.

Pramod answered loudly: "Don't ask such foolish questions. Just go to sleep."