[Reader-list] Nanavati report - Action taken

Rakesh grade at vsnl.com
Thu Aug 11 01:11:17 IST 2005

Dear friends,

Strangely, neither the left nor the BJP has made much vociferous protest about the Action taken report on the Nanavati report. The visible protests seem to be much more by Akali groups leaving an impression of protests by Sikhs.

Quite apart from this, given the engagement of civil liberties, democratic rights, human rights groups  with this issue (PUCL and PUDR had brought out the report "Who are the guilty" at that time indicting many congress leaders at the time), we should try  to hold a protest. Preferably, not the standard dharna at Jantar-Mantar, rally to be stopped at Parliament Stree Police Station. Maybe we could have an effigy of Justice and take it to Nigambodh Ghat for burial/cremation with mukhotas of smug loking Sajjan Kumars, Bhagats, tytlers and other congress leaders. We should try for a wider participation. And more creative forms of protest!

in solidarity

rakesh