[Reader-list] [Announcements] Magic Lantern's Distribution Initiative

Magic Lantern Foundation magiclantern.foundation at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 13:00:23 IST 2005

Dear Friends,

We are happy to announce the launch of our initiative to distribute
independent films.

Called Under Construction, the first phase of the initiative will
concentrate on distributing films in India. And we will go to the second
phase depending on the relations we establish with the individual
filmmakers.

The first set of 20,000 mailers, with catalogue, went out .earlier this
year.  We had 34 films and 15 filmmakers (11 Indian and 4 foreign) on board.
We are now getting ready for the second issue for this year and so we write
to invite you to join us.

Those of you who are interested to find out more about our plans please read
details of the initiative on our website:
http://www.magiclanternfoundation.org under Distribution. If you need more
details or clarification please write to us directly at

underconstruction at magiclanternfoundation.org
or
magiclantern.foundation at gmail.com

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS ADDRESS.

Further, I want to clarify that  by 'exclusive rights', we mean the right to
DISTRIBUTE ONLY. All rights for participating in film festivals, awards,
international distribution, screenings,  presentations in seminars,
workshops, dissemination and advocacy will REMAIN with the filmmaker.
The filmmaker will also retain rights to personally sell copies of the film,
send prints or copies for participation in festivals/ seminars/ conferences/
screenings/ meeting/ etc, exchange copies of the film in return for copies
of films from other filmmakers etc. The filmmaker may, or may not, SHARE
some of these rights with Magic Lantern.

Let me end by inviting all of you to participate in this endeavour and
thereby helping us to create a national distribution centre.

With best wishes,
Gargi Sen
--
Magic Lantern Foundation
I 1768 Basement, Chittaranjan Park, New Delhi 110019