[Reader-list] New issue of INSIGHT

shivam shivamvij at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 14:00:07 IST 2005

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Insight Magazine <insightjnu at rediffmail.com>
Date: 15 Aug 2005 16:37:39 -0000
Subject: New issue of INSIGHT

Dear Friends,
Jai Bheem
The new issue of INSIGHT on "Castes and your Caste" will be available
on 18th this month. This is 9th issue(Jul/Aug) of INSIGHT. Due to
summer vacation we did not publish the May-june issue. So this issue
is in continuity with the last issue that was on Caste and Gender
(march/april).
The net version of this issue will be available on
http://www.sammaditthi.com/INSIGHT/insight_home.asp from 20th August
onward.
In this new issue on "Castes and your Caste" we have included articles
in which author writes about his/her caste and also put forward his
views on the existing caste discourse generated due to Dalit Movement.
We have included articles from both Dalit and nondalit background
belonging to various regions from India.
Beside articles on Caste we have all our regular columns- Our Icon,
our Achievers, Voices, Navayana, Letters
This issue also includes 3 commentaries.
This Issue is a TRIBUTE TO GREAT "AYYANKALI", a Revolutionary from
Kerala, who is OUR ICON in this issue.
Friends, His Birthday falls on 28th this month. It is a shame that
such revolutionary is relegated to margins of history by so called
Mainstream Scholars. Dalit movement has great responsibility to dig
out the truth and make tremendous efforts so that Great personality
like Ayyankali gets their due space in Indian History.
Our NEXT issue will be again on CASTE AND GENDER.
We will be providing details of this issue regarding invitation for
articles, interview etc on the next week.
regards
EDITORIAL COLLECTIVE
INSIGHT,JNU
NEW DELHI