[Reader-list] Copyscape

Adreesh Katyal adreesh.katyal at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 19:11:36 IST 2005

Dear all,
Please see below the note about Copyscape. I would like to know what
members on the reader-list think about this. Such a service is also
likely to go against copy-pasting entire webpages into mailing lists
including this one. Is copyright finally reclaiming the web?
Thanks
Adreesh Katyal

About Copyscape
http://copyscape.com/
Copyscape is dedicated to defending your rights online, helping you
fight against online plagiarism and content theft. Copyscape finds
sites that have copied your content without permission, as well as
those that have quoted you.

Copyscape provides the following:

The free Copyscape service makes it easy to find copies of your
content on the Web. Simply type in the address of your original web
page, and Copyscape does the rest.

The advanced Copysentry service provides comprehensive defense for
your entire website. Copysentry automatically scans the web daily and
alerts you to copies of any page on your site.

The Global Web Rights campaign provides the tools and information you
need to defend yourself against content theft and copyright violations
on the web.

More information about Copyscape and Copysentry is provided in the
FAQs. Read reviews of Copyscape in the press, and testimonials from
users like you. Copyscape is provided by Indigo Stream Technologies
Ltd. We invite your comments and suggestions for improving the
Copyscape service.