[Reader-list] Copyscape

Lawrence Liang lawrence at altlawforum.org
Mon Feb 21 11:51:24 IST 2005

Hi all

I don't know how many of have had this experince when trying to burn CD's,
take for instance a software like Nero which says "This CD is Copyrighted".
Of course it is a little ridiculous for while  there may even be a way for
the computer to identify ( through digital tags/ DRM) whether a CD has
copyrighted content, there is of course no way of it knowing or identifying
non copyrighted matter. And it irritates me no end, when we are trying to
burn Copyleft databases/ materials that we generate to see the statement
"This CD is Copyrighted".

Running through Copyscape I had a sense of deja vu, I ran a search for our
web site www.altlawforum.org where all the materials are copyleft, an didn't
threw up a few results , and asked me if I needed any more help in finding
other places where  we had been plagiarised.

Thanks , but no Thanks

Lawrence