[Reader-list] Moscow Metro -Underground Palace Panoramas

Shivam Vij shivamvij at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 15:58:03 IST 2005

Have a look at some pictures of the Delhi Metro:
http://www.vij.com/archive/mind_the_gully.html

The Delhi Metro looks lavish and luxurious enough as compared to the
state of public transportation otherwise in Delhi and much of urban
India. Thank you very much, but the palace-like look of the Moscow
subway belongs to a world that won't arrive here for the next fifty
years. I am told even some New York subway stations are equally
palatial. But what's the point? The New York subway has other
problems. Didn't I post an article on the list written by a New Yorker
who was embarrassed to see that Indians could make a better, faster,
more modern subway in much less money that New York plans to spend on
a new subway they want to build to replace the current subway, which
is now a century late. And the NY subway is also dirtier than the
Delhi Metro.