[Reader-list] Moscow Metro -Underground Palace Panoramas

Punam Zutshi pz at vsnl.net
Wed Feb 23 18:16:26 IST 2005

The point surely is about Russian political history and an act of
imagination and aesthetics within which the modern was visualised. And
specifically in relation with the worlds that Zainab and you have been
sharing with us, here was a
fantastical counterpoint, both paradoxical and radical in its own historical
moment.Does a genealogy of the modern and a comparative perspective on
public spaces have no use? That the creation of spaces like these were
undertaken by a Stalin and doubled as bomb shelters was an education in the
experiments that the modern is constituted by.

Punam