[Reader-list] 6 Questions for Vedavati

Rahul Asthana rahul_capri at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 23 21:56:56 IST 2005

Questions on a better line would be
1)Why is it not the whole country's responsibility
that Muslims have come to be represented by
organizations like AIMPLB? Historically it was
congress who sought the alliance of hardline muslim
parties at the time of partition.
2)Now since the issue of UCC has been hijacked by the
likes of RSS and BJP(because of the communal politics
of Congress,in my opinion) who talk of Hindu
Nationalism, are the muslims to be blamed for feeling
like playing into their hands  if they concede to this
demand?
3)Are the muslims a monolithic entity so that they can
be collectively blamed for Muslim personal law? Can
the same criteria be applied on every other citizen
for every other law?

Finally, this is notwithstanding the importance of the
debate that should take place on how and why all the
muslims can be represented by archaic and undemocratic
organizations like the MPLB.Even going ahead with the
existing laws but having their interpretation done in
regular courts by scholars of Islamic law, would be a
great step ahead.

--- Prashant Pandey <prashantpandey10 at rediffmail.com>

=== message truncated ===>