[Reader-list] 6 Questions for Vedavati

Jassim Ali jassim.ali at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 14:15:16 IST 2005

Hi ,
Jus couldnt resist adding my two cents here :-)
  the notion that the communalist and racial bigot is one of those topi and
dadiwallah muslims
and a saffron clad or a khaki shorts danda toting hindu has once again been
quashed....
even a so called liberalist or a SEC- A person could be 'the real thing' as
most of us see in our daily lives........
maybe the media had blown out the stereotype so much that we have
conditioned to it ..........
 and jus before this turns into a mud slinging match ....lemme jus clarify
that this is
jus not personal or directed at any individual .....
 cheers

 On 7/25/05, shivam <shivamvij at gmail.com> wrote:

> To add to what Khadeeja is saying, a major problem with us when we
> talk about The Muslims is that we see them as a monolith. There is so
> much fragmentation within India's "Muslims" - on regional, caste and
> class basis. The kebabs, Khans and the tennis player belong to India,
> to all of us, and are not an exclusive product of The Muslims.
>
> On 7/25/05, Manosh Chowdhury <manoshchowdhury at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Thanks Khadeeja, "And friends, Muslims in India can be represented
> beyond
> > 'Kababs', 'three Khans' and one Tennis player". The statement is self
> > evident about how liberalism could reduce its subjects. I almost started
> > forgetting Ms. Jogi after reading six questions. However, by liberalism,
> > roughly I indend to conceive a comprehensive package of what is
> propagated
> > as secularism , democracy [that is, electoral authentication of
> opression in
> > many regions including Northeastern ones, with significant rotation -
> when
> > and where it was found to be necessary - including Punjab], womens'
> right
> > [as it was discovered all over the world since Laura Bush had
> emancipated
> > Afghan women] and the relish of Bollywood cult along with the hype of
> > consumerism. I am not much kind of a good subscriber of "freedom of
> > _expression" as such. And I feel this is being ridiculous. I hope that
> > sometimes our privileged friends would really understand that the
> > responsibility is far beyond that of just criticizing BJP and remain
> apart.
> > Best manosh

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Jassim Ali
Client Partner
Strategic Planning & Business Development
Webchutney
604-B,Dheeraj Sneh
Off 30th Road,Pali Hill,
Bandra,Mumbai, India - 400050

Work: +912226462276
Mobile: +919821976277

Website : www.webchutney.com <http://www.webchutney.com>
Blog: www.tefloncoatedyuppie.blogspot.com<http://www.tefloncoatedyuppie.blogspot.com>

"Those that danced were thought mad by those who could not hear the music"