[Reader-list] WHO WILL PROTECT THE RIGHTS OF INDIAN MUSLIMWOMEN??

S Datta sdatta at MIT.EDU
Wed Jul 27 23:15:41 IST 2005

People:

Why are we engaging/debating with this V. Jogi person? It is clear that
her badly-thought-out, kneejerk, and ill-formulated (not to mention,
inherently stupid) views have little or no support on this list. Perhaps
we'd all be better off, and would have slightly less clogged inboxes, if
we ignored these messages and let her rant to her heart's content? I'm
saying this because I think there should be a minimum level of coherence
in a statement before it merits extensive dissection/discussion/rebuttal.
It doesn't seem to me that Ms Jogi's repeated salvos meet this criterion;
we have, I believe, satisfied ourselves that most members of this list are
not in agreement with the views expressed, howsoever badly put, in her
mails; so why not just end this now and move on to matters that actually
deserve our time and energy? I say this with full awareness that I'm as
guilty as anyone of keeping this discussion going, but really, it's way
past it's sell-by-date now.

Cheers!