[Reader-list] WHO WILL PROTECT THE RIGHTS OF INDIAN MUSLIMWOMEN??

shivam shivamvij at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 23:46:41 IST 2005

> Why are we engaging/debating with this V. Jogi person? It is clear that
> her badly-thought-out, kneejerk, and ill-formulated (not to mention,
> inherently stupid) views have little or no support on this list.

I don't know about this list, but on or off the list, we need no
engage with these views, no matter how stupid they are, because these
views are widespread enough to cause spurts of fascism (Ayodhya,
Gujarat) every now and then. These views are, in all their stupidity,
powerful enough to destabilise the polity and affect our daily lives -
socially, politically perhaps even intelectually.

SV