[Reader-list] introduction

girija duggal girijaduggal at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 20 20:10:48 IST 2005

Hello all !

This message is a little introduction- to myself, my interests, my dreams...

I am Girija Duggal, a resident of Noida. I have recently graduated from
Gargi College with a degree in English and a heart sparked by activism. I
have been working for the past two years as freelance writer, and also
copyeditor and in-house writer with Navdeep Publications.

I love media theory, watching documentaries, films and plays,the
arts,socioanthropology, linguistics, literature(Eliot and Dickinson are my
Gods!), and philosophy(so are Derrida, Foucault and Baudrillard!). I dream
of someday being a documentary film-maker in the ranks of Anand Patwardhan,
Shohini Ghosh, Rakesh Sharma and Michael Moore and simultaneously pursuing
journalistic writing. (I have applied to Jamia Milia Islamia to fulfill this
dream...am through the written round...the interview is left...)

I hope to learn a lot from the interactions in this list, and at the same
time contribute positively to it.
Regards,
Girija