[Reader-list] www.openspaceindia.org

openspace india openspace_india at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 16 14:59:14 IST 2005

Dear Friend,

Open Space is an independent, interactive and creative public space where civil society organisations and public-spirited citizens can interact, debate and initiate action on social justice and development issues .

Located in Pune, Maharashtra, India, Open Space uses social documentary and political feature films, experimental theatre, literature, lectures, workshops, readings, focus-group meetings and the music of protest to encourage citizens to talk, think and act for change.

We offer video and DVD screening facilities, a growing library and cross-sectoral documentation centre, a reading room with various national and international publications and the use of Internet facilities for research. Alternative publications and fair trade practice products are available for sale.

Open Space is an initiative of the Centre for Communication and Development Studies (CCDS), a social change resource centre that uses strategic and innovative communication processes to inform, initiate and inspire change in societal attitudes and public policy.

CCDS focuses on:
� Development research and advocacy: CCDS publishes the quarterly print journal InfoChange Agenda
� Information outreach: CCDS manages the daily development news website InfoChange News & Features ( www.infochangeindia.org ), one of India's most-visited online resource bases on social justice and sustainable development
� Civil society outreach (through Open Space)

Visit our website for news, resources and information:
http://www.openspaceindia.org

Address:
Venu Madhav 5 th floor, Prabhat Road, 14 th Lane (Opp Income Tax Office) Pune 411 004, India Phone: 91-20-2545 7371

Regards
Renu Iyer
Open Space/CCDS