[Reader-list] Fwd: from Saheli

Aarti aarti at sarai.net
Wed May 11 13:26:41 IST 2005

Dear Subasri,

Thank you for this. Many of us have been deeply disturbed since news of
this horrific incident broke, following in the wake of a spate of
similar incidents across the country in the last ten days. At times such
as these often the questions that are asked/raised seem to slip into
'What was she doing in a chai shop at 2:30 at night'? etc when the issue
of course is that anyone should be able to be anywhere at whichever time
they please without violence being done unto them.

I will be there, and also spread the word.

in solidarity
Aarti